The New Energy organization in P&O Projects is accountable for the delivery of the front end portfolio of low carbon and net zero projects, including the delivery of Hydrogen activities.
In this role you’ll have responsibility for the screening, prioritization and development of the competitive business opportunities in our hydrogen portfolio.
You’ll support the identification of options and development of the technical scope of these options to ensure selection and progression of safe, competitive and robust projects.
This role is open to applications for all bp locations in the UK, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands.
Deliver, and lead where appropriate, technical and engineering scope development during front end development.
Collaborate with appraisal engineers and project managers/teams to support business framing and
identify technically feasible options consistent with the business strategy and project objectives.
Lead completion of the technical definition of the selected option to a sufficient level to support development of a preliminary FEED package.
Owning the technical inputs to key project deliverables such as schedules, cost, project economics and HSSE studies.
Provide technical engineering support and oversight during the detailed and execute project stages.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working as a process engineer in design or operational roles
- General knowledge of project processes
- Exposure to projects/project development
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective teamwork across multiple locations
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Qualified as a chartered, registered or professional engineer
- General knowledge of downstream processes and typical flow schemes
- Working knowledge of process simulation and other engineering software applications
- Experience working on projects across all project stages as a process design engineer
- Demonstrated ability to build close relationships and collaborate with a wide range of teams including contractors
- General exposure to bp engineering technical practices and industry codes and standards
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!