For our site in Gelsenkirchen
Due to technical issues this posting is only available in English. Please note: Every application is welcome.
At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The EH process design team is looking for a process design engineer to support and/or lead technical development of a broad range of refining, low carbon, and net zero projects across all project stages. The role will also support early screening and prioritization of business opportunities to enable the selection and progression of safe, competitive, and robust projects.
- Support site business development teams to identify and develop reference cases for project screening
- Support the Appraisal team as the technical leader for project option identification
- Lead development of the technical and engineering scope for project options to enable the selection of a safe, competitive, and robust project option
- Lead completion of the technical definition of the selected option to a level to enable development of a preliminary FEED package
- Own technical inputs to key project deliverables such as schedules, cost estimates, business case and economics and HSSE studies, etc.
- Provide process engineering support and oversight of projects in Define and Execute
- Participate in design and project reviews and workshops
- Build enduring process design capability through the development of bp process design guidance manuals, procedures, and templates.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working as a process engineer in design or operational roles
- General knowledge of project processes
- General exposure to engineering practices and codes and standards
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective teamwork across multiple locations
What we offer:
- Qualified as a chartered, registered, or professional engineer
- General knowledge of refining processes and typical flow schemes
- Experience and working knowledge of process simulation and other engineering software applications
- Experience working on projects across all project stages as a process design engineer
- Exposure to other engineering roles such as process safety engineer, unit process support engineer, operations engineer, appraisal engineer, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build close relationships and collaborate with a wide range of teams including contractors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance