As a Chemical & Process Engineering Co-Op, you will:
Taking on the role as Chemical & Process Engineering Co-Op means designing projects and supervising plant development to ensure the reliability of our refining technologies. Alongside a strong technical degree in Chemical Engineering, that means having a global view for wide-scale projects or a sharp eye for detail to aid in more niche roles in a specific refining process area. At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- Play a vital role throughout a number of stages in our world-class projects
- Aiding our manufacturing and production teams by supervising day-to-day operations, evaluating unit targets, balance unit operations
- Support and optimize operating process plants or facilities and working closely with other areas involved in the business
- Use your sound foundation across the wider engineering platform so that we can integrate with many areas of our business
Our Co-Op program offers you the year-round opportunity for hands-on experience working on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. You will work alongside our highly qualified and professional colleagues. We take individuals studying a wide range of subjects to allow you to explore new career aspiration and develop the technical skill set for you to have a successful career. Co-Ops are a continuous 16-week program.
• Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
• No sponsorship is available for this position
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree Preferred Requirements
• Majoring in Chemical Engineering
• Must be available for a continuous 16-week period for duration of the spring or fall terms
•Students should be in the 2nd or 3rd year of a four-year degree program
• Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship At bp, we are #oneteam, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely. At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.