Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join a small, agile, fast-moving team that supports the shipping operating business on the front line; you can expect impactful and rewarding effort in this Business Facing Team (procurement business partnering/advising role).
The Procurement Advisor role will provide a range of support, often engaging through the end to end process, in support of the shipping fleet.
The role will include but not be limited to:
• Liaising with senior business leaders and their teams across cultures and geographies to understand the business requirements and demand
• Working with Contract Accountable Managers (CAMs) and Budget Responsible Owners (BROs) to ensure effective contract management
• Establishing and leading supplier relationships
• Working alongside Sourcing teams to ensure business requirements are met during strategic sourcing projects
• Partnering with Supply Facing and GBS teams to supporting development and implementation of category and execution strategies
- Support the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
- Manage the interface between procurement category strategy development and implementation, working in partnership with the shipping business, central support functions (Sourcing and Contracting) as well as the Buying Team
- Lead the project to develop, implement and embed ‘buying guidance’ into shipping procurement process enabling more structured and strategic way we execute the tactical level
- Business facing point of contact for warehousing and materials management activity
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the team and champion change leadership
- Liaise with the business stakeholders to ensure upcoming demand requirements are understood and relevant sourcing cases are raised in a timely manner in Compass to ensure procurement activity is executed in line with business requirements
- As part of the team, act as the focal point for the business to provide procurement support for planned and unplanned demand, vendor performance issues and strategic projects
- Communicate effectively through various channels using different styles and approaches to gain dedication and support from diverse partners internally and externally to help achieve business outcomes, create acceptance for decisions, build consensus or resolve conflict
- Develop a strong working relationship with the key business teams
- Support & run the Supplier Relationship Management framework for Strategic/Core Suppliers to the Shipping business
- University degree in a related equivalent business field
- Influencing and stakeholder management
- Project and change management
- Experience working in a fast pace, changing environment with tight budget controls and requirements
- Commercial awareness/analysis
- Supplier management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of end-to-end procurement and P2P processes (SAP knowledge advantageous)
- Category strategy development and/or execution
- Negotiation, sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Extensive supply chain management experience at strategic and tactical execution level
- In depth knowledge of terms and conditions
- Working experience of agile techniques is preferable
- This is a streamline side of the business with changing demand that requires a truly agile and pragmatic approach from the business facing team. This role will most suite someone who has an ability to bring structure to the ambiguity.
Negligible travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.