This vacancy exists to ensure accountability of regional sourcing strategy implementations within Packaging Supply market segment. This involves developing and maintaining deep relationships with regional and global suppliers along with business stakeholders ensuring sourcing strategy supports local business strategy and vice versa.
- Countries to be covered where packaging is required: Malaysia, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia.
- Packaging types include: Consumer types: Blowmoulded bottles, labels, caps, cartons. Industrial types: Pails, Steel drums, IBCs.
- Develop regional category sourcing strategies and plans aligned to the needs of the business, identifying opportunities to create business value / competitive advantage and mitigate risk in a compliant manner
- Build and maintain good regional market / supplier knowledge
- Support / lead the delivery of the strategic sourcing process to realise defined category management strategies, in collaboration with business stakeholders including:
- Ensure all category sourcing arrangements are fully compliant to all corporate social, environmental, financial, risk, E&C and HSSE policies and standards and that all sourcing is performed in line with defined Delegations of Authority. As part of this, maintaining an effective audit trail during the entire sourcing process
- Support delivery of the contracts compliance agenda
- Supplier Performance / Relationship Management
- Develop jointly-agreed performance measurement criteria / frameworks with suppliers in order to continuously monitor and improve supplier performance, ensuring these are embedded with contracts. Perform / co-ordinate / support supplier performance management activities, including the collation of performance data, support for supplier performance reviews and driving continuous improvements / performance improvements as required with other business stakeholder
- Support strategic supplier relationship management efforts including supply base segmentation, supporting supplier relationship management reviews and driving supply side innovation as required with other business stakeholders
- Engage and work collaboratively with business stakeholders on a regional basis to enable the effective development and/ or delivery of category sourcing strategies and plans plus post contract supplier management activities as necessary
- Ensure provision of timely supply market knowledge to business stakeholders, relaying current and future impactful events and their potential consequences
- Deal with escalated sourcing matters promptly and effectively
- Operate at all times in a manner that maintains client satisfaction with the function
- Data provision to supplychain & marketing to enable product management.
- Price list and price rise & fall management.
- Reporting on planned & actual savings.
- Issue resolution – shortages / quality / business continuity support.
- Responsible for all packaging category sourcing across the region
- Allocation of volume across supply base
- LBM financial forecast
- Prioritisation of cost/cash improvement projects and supplier CI activity
- University degree and equivalent work experience, in an appropriate technical and commercial discipline
- Direct raw material category experience in global businesses. Advanced sourcing methodologies and tools.
- Packaging experience desirable.
- Regional / multi-country sourcing experience desirable.