Responsible for supporting products/offers for a specific market, including delivering new offers, and supporting implementation of major new offer development projects.
- The Business Analyst is a key member of a high performing product management team with Product Managers and Product Owners to define, test, and scale products for bp’s China EV charging business. This role supports Product Owners to deliver the product strategy by mapping business processes end to end, gathering data to enable informed decision making such as customer insights, market and competitor benchmark, and business performance metrics. This role also supports product owners and technology delivery teams by providing business process input, contributing to backlog refinement and leading user story creation. This enables fully functioning digital features underpinning the business.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Create end to end process maps and user flows to help define/articulate customer journey and operational processes, identifying opportunities to streamline/ lean/ build right first time driven by both business needs and customer requirements
- Provide customer insights, competitor/ market insights, and business performance insights and analytics to help product management team make informed decisions and balance technical requirements versus implementation complexity and customer priorities, challenging business teams and stakeholders where necessary to ensure best customer and commercial outcomes
- Own the creation and preparation of user stories and acceptance criteria (through relevant development software tools) which are clear, achievable, and deliverable
- Operate across business functions to engage stakeholders, teams and 3rd party partners to ensure effective collaboration and engagement throughout the product development lifecycle, being aligned with the product owner to communicate the product vision and maintain the product backlog with technology delivery teams in a streamlined approach
- Support Product Owners to determine product roadmaps, ensure ruthless feature prioritisation and help drive continuous and incremental improvement to support business to achieve OKRs
- Facilitate workshops and forums with cross-functional representatives to capture requirements and clarify processes (current and target state) between business and technology delivery teams
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst, strong analytical and process mapping skills experienced in capturing requirements
- Deep understanding of digital product development, including tools, ways of working/ best practice, agile methodologies
- Highly experienced working as part of a scrum team, must be able to display practical working experience
- Experience in conducting user research, competitor insights research and business performance KPIs tracking and implementation of rapid prototyping and analytics
- Self-starter mentality with proven track record of operating in dynamic, diversified, high-intensity environments with time critical pressures
- Positive personality, with energetic working style and very strong resilience, passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and working as part of a high-performance team
- Must be hands-on and willing to go the extra mile when required to ensure business commitments are met
- Deep understanding and good practices of Agile methodology, ways of working
- Experience in mobility and energy industry with relevant technologies and their application in business models
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps for epic/ feature/ story documentation
- Cross cultural and global working
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- Strong English knowledge in written and spoken
- Understanding of bp core businesses where possible.