At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
The purpose of the role is to develop technically sophisticated differentiated outstanding industrial lubricants for the global market according to bp’s growth ambitions and market needs. The formulation modification projects are initiated, prioritized and autonomously lead.
- Develop innovative products and technologies, in line with our global strategy and future trends and opportunities
- Modify existing products to ensure safe supply
- Develop strategic technical relationships with OEMs, Key Additive Suppliers, Industrial Associations and Universities to enable access to novel, pioneer in additive technologies and processes
- Responsible for the execution, documentation and reporting of the development and modification projects
- Monitor project progress against proposed plans and milestones as well as project resources, budget and external spend
- Responsible for the representation of projects outside of own department, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Regional Teams
- Support customers and internal stakeholders with expert knowledge
- Work in scientific committees
- Adhere to HSSE and QM standards
This is what you can expect:
- University degree or higher in Chemistry or comparable education
- Working experience in the Additive, Lubricant or any related industry beneficial
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English, German language skills desirable
- Ability to work cross-functionally, interact at most senior levels, internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills combined with willingness to learn
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance