The Product Manager will be a delivery and operations leader part of the Digital Procurement Portfolio Team, which is a part of the Innovation and Engineering Digital Production & Business Services (DP&BS).
Procurement, as a group function, is currently one year into execution of their One-Procurement Strategy/Roadmap which was developed to bring together the current fragmented procurement organization and processes to enable a common way of working through the right standardized processes, digital products, and solutions.
The DP&BS-Procurement portfolio team is responsible for the business-as-usual operations and digital transformation. The Product Manager role is responsible for ensuring the key business critical products and services are operating appropriately for the BP group and in parallel delivery of new products and solutions through the digital transformation agenda. It is key that the person in role is able to work through ambiguity and collaborate across bp which will include teams outside of procurement, I&E and most importantly within our businesses. As bp is driving a group wide digital agenda, in line with re-invent, this role will also need to work closely with other key strategies e.g. ERP Strategy and Finance Transformation.
Education & Experience
- Collaborates across internal I&E and business teams to define the delivery plan(s) for the sub-portfolio.
- Leads the DevOps squads, in an efficient manner, continuously improving and delivery at pace for our business.
- Manages finances and budget in terms of responsible delivery and operational squads.
- Vendor Management is key in terms of our Software-as-a-Service products/services and statements of work in terms of delivery and operations. Leads and works with our partners in terms of successful delivery and operations.
- Focus on overall milestone plans, execution, delivery of complex cross-team initiatives
- Provide visibility of deliverables to stakeholders and the wider team
- Highlights delays and blockers to stakeholders as required to assist the delivery function.
- Manages and mitigates risks and issues in terms of both delivery and operations
- Guides teams to reflect and identify improvements and successfully embed new approaches that move them towards high performance. Identify frequently occurring technical blockers, and work with teams to get them resolved.
- Supports teams in using relevant agile frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Ensure quality and software operability are included into all aspects of the delivery lifecycle (from the very beginning)
- Brings together different disciplines from UX, Product, Technical Specialist / SME Engineering to support alignment across the organization.
- Identifies where a coaching or mentoring approach is required and apply these techniques to guide teams and individuals to adopting an agile mindset.
- Ensures common performance management tools are used in partnership with other teams
- Works with Product Owners on planning and maintaining an up to date delivery roadmap and product backlog with a clear focus on business value
- Oversees product maintenance and support
- Manages product incidents and trade-off decisions on priority (hot fix versus new functionality)
- Supports the management of service outcomes with suppliers who provide developers to augment your team
- Plans and manage framework upgrades, security patches and other general maintenance for assigned line of products
- A solid understanding of Software Development and Software Operations along with the concept of DevOps
- Solid understanding and experience of current software development processes, including cloud-based delivery
- A good overall knowledge of project delivery and Agile practices
- Information Technology degree preferred
- User-first mindset
- Understand and appreciate the importance of discovery and user experience design process
- Have sound understanding of modern software engineering (DevOps; CICD, automation, QA, tooling, etc)
- Be familiar with modern software architecture
- Be confident in managing security incident responses
- Be delivery orientated
- Demonstrate agile ways of working (agile ceremonies, backlog prioritisation)
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Bring new collaboration techniques to the table
- Demonstrate a flexible mind set
- Be respectful and embrace inclusion
- Be a team player
- Communication - Able to relate to and communicate with both business and technology people
- Stakeholder management – Able to understand and respond to the drivers and concerns of a wide range of both business and technical stakeholders
- Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate discussion and the development of alternatives or different approaches
- Political awareness - Be able to work/collaborate/communicate effectively with upper management, stakeholders and other external dependencies.
- Problem solving skills - organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to work round obstacles to get things done
- Partner/Supplier management – Understanding of key processes and how to get the best from our Partners