Product Manager will be responsible to coordinate and steer efforts across core business, employees, customers, and partners and communities for Innovation and Engineering (I&E) digital hub.
I&E digital hub in Pune is currently on an aggressive growth path and to make this growth sustainable, concerted efforts are required to integrate various functional tracks and stakeholder priorities. The product manager will ensure that key strategic initiatives like right recruitment, employee engagement, hub’s growth, hub’s brand positioning and performance scorecard are on right track, and creating meaningful value
Will report to leader of I&E digital hub, and will interface with digital leaders across business disciplines, sub-entities and leads of enabling functions with specific accountabilities to -
- Translate the hub’s digital strategy into focused strategic plans, that in turn shape and support the delivery of projects, ensuring activities and outputs remain relevant and measurable.
- Set governance structures to enable prioritization and integration of the strategy and its implementation
- Engage with global stakeholders to ensure sustainable growth across headcount, skills and role focus areas
- Devise mechanisms to measure and improve performance of key strategic tracks like recruitment, employee well-being, growth and stakeholder satisfaction
- Contribute to the continuous improvement by supporting and coaching the project team and improving the quality standards and efficiency of hub’s operations
- Champion hub’s strategic brand positioning in the market, build strong connects among peer groups and professional communities
- Influence, activate and orchestrate across enabling functions to build alignment and drive hub’s ambition
- Manage stakeholder feedback and pain points, and chart correction action plan
- Oversee vendor partner ecosystem along with hub leader to ensure right interventions and support for hub’s agenda
- Perform market research from internal and external sources to inform key stakeholders and as input to refreshing hub’s strategies
- Drive the appropriate behaviours to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture, such as collaborating with key partners to develop and refine our approaches.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with bp's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership through bp's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours
You’ll bring experience 10-15 years, with a minimum of 6-7 years of relevant experience in strategic program management. Prior experience in the energy industry is not mandatory. You’ll have
- Proven track record of managing large multi-functional strategic assignments in digital space
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to manage expectations and drive outcomes from all stakeholders conversations across levels of seniority
- Experience of managing a PMO office for 500+ organisation/ teams
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Ability to communicate and influence others at all levels of the business.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions.
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
Additionally, preferred but not mandatory
- Consulting / transformation experience in the area of operating model design, sourcing strategy and digital enablement
- Experience across the product development lifecycle with agile and devops practices
- Hands-on experience with reports and dashboarding for management consumption
- Strong skills in promoting and marketing content