At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. We have a bold ambition to be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and help the world get to net zero. Ensuring that we attract, employ and retain the right talent is a critical part of getting there.
The primary purpose of the professional hiring senior advisor role is to lead and deliver projects and initiatives as well as contribute to the team’s capability development through acting as a coach to less experienced team members.
Responsible for delivering end-to-end cycle of the professional hiring process, managing both external and internal professional hiring and working with the business to identify and engage top talent.
The role holder will work closely with hiring managers, local P&C teams to ensure that the bp talent acquisition strategy is realised, with a focus on quality of hire, D&I and critical capabilities.
The role holder will operate as an expert advisor and coach to hiring managers enabling them to lead in a way that is consistent with bp’s V&Bs.
- Drives and leads TA&M initiatives and projects with no or minimal supervision.
- Acts as a coach to less experienced team members to help contribute to capability development.
- Identifies and drives process efficiencies to scale hiring across the organization and share best practice with global peers.
- Is a regional talent expert, both internally and externally, for allocated business areas in order to deliver hiring demand requirements in an efficient and consistent manner.
- Partner with professional hiring manager/lead advisors to understand planned demand and relevant business context.
- Responsible for managing end-to-end process for professional roles and supporting with complex hiring needs in close collaboration with hiring managers and other local P&C teams ensuring all Service Level Agreement targets are met ensuring accurate completion of requisitions and generation of offer documentation.
- Works with S&MI and talent attraction to support complex hiring demand.
- Drives and leads hiring strategy meetings with business to agree on recruitment and sourcing strategy, provide insights on market data, and offer effective talent acquisition solutions in compliance with global TA&M processes.
- Posts roles internally and externally and ensures that recruitment channels promote diverse sourcing, selection processes are free of bias and that selection decisions are based upon objective assessment criteria.
- Actively sources internally using talent data and externally through targeted attraction activities/software solutions (Linkedin/TRM) where appropriate.
- Implements standard application and assessment process to improve efficiency, hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Reviews CVs based on agreed assessment criteria and screen video interviews based on deep discipline-based knowledge or country/region knowledge).
- Undertakes interviews and other relevant assessments for all positions.
- Works with local P&C teams to put together offers and delivers the offer in partnership with hiring managers.
- Accountable for timely communication and feedback provision to candidates.
- Monitor and track pre-employment processes, working with P&C partners and/or candidates to resolve any concerns or delays and close requisitions once candidate(s) have been hired.
- Drives diversity using Rules of the Road and works with S&MI and talent attraction to deliver additional strategies where needed.
- Effectively utilizes TA&M software and digital solutions to drive efficiency in the process (i.e. Textio, Hirevue, TRM, LinkedIn).
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy for the dedicated client groups on Recruitment performance metrics that are reflected in TA&M Dashboards.
- Complies with the function's safety and ethics rules and processes, follows procedures, and models bp's Values & Behaviours.
Education & Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience/education.
- Experience of the planning and implementation of end-to-end recruitment strategies across various disciplines.
- One team mind-set - demonstrates an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop, high quality, trust-based relationships with the wider team and organisation.
- Analytical thinking – comfortable using predictive analytics to identify outcomes and improve decision making; e.g. sourcing strategies & strategic workforce shaping, D&I.
- Puts the customer and business strategy at the heart of decision making
- Drives value-adding solutions - deeply integrated to drive business solutions, not operating as a parallel function.
- Experience of managing and building relationships with third parties.
- Extensive knowledge of talent acquisition processes and policy.
- Excellent presentation, writing, reading and numerical abilities.
- Mastery of Microsoft product suite.
- Is skilled at active listening, influencing and communication.
- Experience of working in a highly matrixed global organisation.