We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as a
Profit Protection Advisor!The purpose of this role is to protect company assets, implement processes to mitigate dry stock loss, improve store profitability, manage and analyse shrink, support with security and safety concerns.
In this role You will:
- Takes the lead role in the investigation of high loss and/or sensitive investigations, both internally and externally to CO Retail. Ensures risks to the business are minimised. Engages and supports third parties/supporting functions such as finance to close these situations out to the satisfaction of the business.
- Initiate fraud investigations, develop and manage external and internal relationships to enable a strong fraud agenda to be maintained and best practice shared.
- Conduct cash reconciliations and fraud investigations (when required) providing assurance to the business, liaising where necessary with internal fraud and audit teams
- Manage third party stock takers (and the budget). Investigating loyalty fraud for Company Operated stores including managing third Party Loyalty Auditors for Dealer Operated stores. Instigating any fraud recovery from Dealer Operated stores. Support and action terminal audits and warehouse stocktake.
- Management of Criminal Risk Assessments/External Loss Reviews (Drive Offs, Indebtedness, Security Check Assessments) by third party profit protection team (where applicable) including the budget.
- Management of the Forecourt Retailing Indebtedness, Drive Off schemes including the budget.
- Supervise and assist in the execution of store hand overs / site divestments
- Dry-stock management - In cooperation with Regional Managers monitors Franchisees dry-stock management, support investigation, intervention actions
- Supports cost optimization projects and initiatives including energy consumption and utilities, at site costs optimization
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree is a must
- Operational Retail experience required
- Broad understanding of the Retail business and business processes
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Masters the English language. Candidates who do not have proficient Dutch language skills (both verbal and written) will not be considered for this local role
- Must be able to clearly translate data into meaningful information for the target audience of retail managers
This is a local role in the retail business in the Netherlands.