We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic work environment. You will be responsible for supporting the process control programming needs for our Permian Midstream Business group. This includes supporting our existing assets with daily and project support and supporting our project teams on new facility builds. The plants utilize Delta V as the main DCS system and also operate various PLC’s including Allen Bradley, SCADA, and Profire.
What You’ll Do:
We will expect travel to the field up to 25 percent of the time to maintain the DCS control systems and to work directly with operations to provide programming support. There will occasionally be additional travel required to support startup and project activities. Minimum technical skills:
- Support Operations with daily troubleshooting support with plant programming issues associated with Electrical & Instrument (E&I) systems in the field.
- Provide design, operation and maintenance of process control systems, process safety systems, fire and gas systems, DCSs, PLCs, HMI systems, asset and alarm management systems; provide specification and use of flow meters, measurement equipment, flow computers, analyzers, transmitters and control valves.
- Provide programming support for engineering projects
- Support the implementation of new technologies by working closely with our performance and systems group.
- Utilize the computerized Maintenance Management System to optimize and maintain facility E&I systems.
Preferred technical skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of Delta V programming Experience
- Detailed experience with process control systems, associated logic, and hardware components including Rockwell, Delta V, Factory talk.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline, mathematics, and/or computer science preferred but not required.
Preferred soft skills:
- Foundation in applied practical Engineering of any discipline
- Experience working in the oil and gas/refining industries.
- Programming experience surrounding compression, pump, VFD’s, interfacing control systems, dehydrations systems, and stabilizers.
- Effective Communicator: Able to present complex problems to a wide range of audiences in a concise and accurate manner across an entire organization, ranging from upper management to field personnel.
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts, processes, software, and engineering.
- Innovative: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value
- Empathetic and customer-focused when crafting products: Effective listener who builds products that solves customers’ problems, generates business value, and improves user experience.
- Resilient: Ability to take care of open-ended program-related problems.