This position is office based at our central Dutch BP office near our BP Refinery - Europoort Rotterdam. Candidates must be in the possession of transport towards our location. The location can't be reached by public transportation. We also offer the possibility to work partly remote (2-3 days per week on average).
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future.As the Project Commercial Manager for the Netherlands, you are responsible for leading the team delivery for Rotterdam Refinery project. You will play a pivotal role in reshaping bp’s business and be at the heart of bp’s strategy implementation, driving growth through delivering new low carbon investments.
Join as a Project Commercial Manager
Support our new strategy and the business development in our Hydrogen project
You will be responsible for taking the project to sanction, working with external and internal stakeholders. You will lead a commercial team responsible for delivering commercial agreements, Joint Venture Management, engaging with government departments and securing funding approval. You will work closely with other bp functions including Projects, Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, bp Treasury and Tax.In this role, you will:
We have the following requirements:
- Lead deal/project delivery team for early-stage Hydrogen projects
- Deliver key commercial agreements around JV formation and participation
- Deliver hydrogen offtake agreements with customers in conjunction with hydrogen markets team
- Work alongside Engineering Team to develop and maintain project schedules ensuring project and commercial activity is aligned
- develop high level cost estimates for Infrastructure solutions
- Manage relationships with partners and stakeholders, including getting budget and activity approvals.
- Work closely with other parts of bp to secure additional supply or offtake agreements
- Prepare and manage Appraise, Select and Define stage funding requests and associated financial models.
- Support Project Financing Processes and raising of third-party non-recourse financing.
- Support on ad-hoc commercial initiatives
- 10+ years of experience
- Fluency in English is a must
- Advanced Dutch is strongly preferred
- End-to-end project management experience
- Background in financial analysis, preparation and management of budgets and project cost estimates
- Experience of working on large integrated projects such as Hydrogen, LNG, gas and power projects
- Experience of working on projects at the various stages of development, including feasibility and concept selection
- Exposure to Project Financing, including preparation of financial models
- Understanding of steps required for development of projects from concept into operations
- Ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options and take on innovative & new solutions
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team with minimum guidance
- Excellent organisational, planning, written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers and non-specialists
- Ability to build networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge, building trust and confidence to support efficient progress with action items