Grade is responsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
The purpose of the global solutions organisation is to be a central solution strategy, development, deploy and sustain organisation. The solutions that are designed underpin processes that are critical to BP’s operations and compliance, to ensure that these processes are successfully executed requires the users to be well supported through training, accessible and responsive feedback from experts when new or unusual scenarios present themselves.
The Performance chapter is part of GBS enabling solutions which is accountable for leading product stewardship, prioritisation of transformation through deep business engagement and understanding of the value driven by the global products managed. Delivering process and system improvements to drive standardization and enable automation, whilst supporting future product deployments.
- Participate in cross-functional teams/squads to implement Data process or system enhancements
- Build and maintain strong connections with user community, both within GBS, I&E, ARC and wider bp, keeping their needs at the centre of operations
- Solicit input from the business, understand the data business requirements, and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data solutions to support standard global processes underpinned by the ERP
- Provide input and support documentation of enhancements, process improvements in data domain
- Assess and validate business requirements for data; review change requests and move change requests through the governance processes.
- Provide process and system expertise in data domain
- Lead Data project deliverables through agile methods, adhering to the process and ensuring transparency of activity
- Lead delivery of the back log of data activity for identified product
- Add new demand and help iterate product backlog items into functional product requirements
Risk and activity management
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions for the performance team.
- Use designated knowledge management processes and tools.
- Ensure documentation is captured in a document management system.
Essential EducationBachelors (or higher) degreeJob RequirementsYears of experience: 9 to 12 years of relevant experienceExperience
- Robust understanding of and commitment to management of change (MOC) and will partner with a broad set of stakeholders. The incumbent is expected to contribute and comply with/support the office HSSE and D&I agendas, organizational capability and other performance targets.
- Exposure to agile ways-of-working and Scrum methodology
- Strong presentation and ability conceive draft and deliver communication, including the ability to articulate complex processes and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Passion and experience in capturing business requirements and improving processes and systems.
- General understanding of systems deployment activities.
Product Experience and Expertise
- 5+ years of Finance experience with strong interest/work carried out in Data domain.
- Experience in business transformation projects, including data and process change activities
- Ability of solving problems on their own, working on complex issues and large amounts of data
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting tasks while delivering high quality results to tight deadlines
- Experience in implementing process and systems, including continuous improvement, in a project environment.
- Understanding of business transformation projects, including data and process change activities
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – As an Individual Contributor, taking the initiative to create opportunities for improvement and problem resolution, energizing and influencing others to accomplish goals & initiatives, aware of internal business relationships within the organization. Ability to influence at all levels and across multiple cultures.