Aviation's vision is to be the fuel and services partner of choice for their customer. We are on a journey to transform our business to become more customer centric, higher performing and to play a key role in bp's net zero ambition.
The Global Engineering team drives bp aviation’s Integrity agenda in both design and construction related activities, and to deliver new levels of distinctive performance.
This role provides a professional design and project engineering service creating safe, reliable and compliant designs of fixed and mobile aviation fuel storage and distribution facilities, including fuel hydrants, for Regions and Third Party Technical Service Agreement (TSA) customers. Principally locations are at the airport, but there is involvement upstream with pipelines, import and distribution terminals.
You will be responsible for the stewardship of our requirements and assurance in their specialist areas; this includes ensuring that bp aviation’s operating and maintenance standards align with industry practice, bp Group regulations and local legislation.
Here’s some of the things you will be getting up to!
Here’s what we need from you!
- Support Air bp's engineering based Technical Services business; this includes involvement in development of offers, execution of front-end engineering design (FEED) through to being part of the project management team on site or project related services which meets the customer’s requirements and needs.
- Responsible for the upkeep and stewardship of specific Air bp operating and maintenance standards keeping alignment with industry practice, bp Group regulations and local legislation in the area of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation.
- Support the Global Design Lead to produce pre-airfield, depot and hydrant designs for internal and Third-Party customers (including JVs), with a main focus on Concept and FEED for pre-airfield and depot, and detailed piping design for hydrants.
- Deliver own multi-discipline projects from conception to hand-over to the operator, including: liaising with airport authorities, feasibility studies, project budget and cost control, project planning and reporting, site surveys and environmental impact assessments, design, procurement, contractor selection and tendering, site supervision incl. permit to work oversight, commissioning and operator training (Projects < $5M).
- Provide ongoing technical input and engineering support relating to designs and specification of plant equipment and systems in area of expertise.
Education: Degree level education in engineering, Chartered Engineer desirableProject management qualifications would be helpful to haveAt bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- Proven delivery of internal engineering projects, ideally on airport and/or upstream of airport for aviation fuel to the magnitude of $5M.
- Proven high HSSE delivery to bp and bp aviation standards, able to apply to business development and growth prospects.
- Experience in design, construction and commissioning.
- Ability to work to differing agendas and priorities whilst ensuring Air bp’s reputation and HSSE are ensured.
- Proven knowledge of electrical, instrumentation and control engineering. Exercising knowledge of other engineering disciplines mechanical (including vehicles) and civil.
- Demonstrable success in engaging and influencing a widely dispersed global organisation.
- Proven process / personal safety and construction safety.
- Strong attention to detail and sound technical decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you think you have the right skills set and excited join a team of diverse and forward-thinking professionals, apply today.We are inclusive and value diversity at bp. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams.
- A competitive reward package that include an annual wellbeing allowance, life & health insurance/ private medical.
- Learning opportunities.
- Plus many other benefits.