Responsible for providing project engineering expertise for delivering a substantial subset of a moderately complex project and directing contractors and for cross-discipline coordination with other project team members to drive integrated technical integrity of the project and to complete assigned work activities across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
Accountable for “doing the project right”. Leads project development, engineering, procurement, contracting and construction activities for projects at Cherry Point. The project manager works with an integrated team to deliver scope, budget, schedule, and operability against agreed objectives and within the boundaries defined in the SOR, BOD and sanction FM or AMR. The project manager is responsible to ensure the safe, reliable, and compliant execution of projects.
• Demonstrates safety leadership on projects
• Demonstrates effective project leadership – provide clarity of scope, roles, responsibilities, and expectations for the team• Understands business context, project business case, and the overall company and site business objectives; and ensure the project is aligned with site goals and business priorities.• Delivers performance – optimize the projects to deliver the best value for BP.
- Ensures the project meets all HSSE and technical integrity objectives
• Identifies, assesses, and manages risks and uncertainties throughout the project lifecycle • Sets the standard for teamwork, collaboration, and efficiency. Build alignment as “one team” and ownership for the project. Energizes, motivates, and builds confidence of the team.
- Acts as an integrator to maintain open and effective communication with project gatekeeper, project sponsor, and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for project execution. Applies appropriate processes, metrics, resources, and controls to manage project delivery.
- Leads development of contracting strategies and provide primary interface with engineering, construction, and third-party contractors; sets goals for contracts and manages their performance to agreed targets for safety, reliability, operability, cost, and schedule.
- Holds contractors and the BP team accountable for performance against the agreed plan.
- Responsible for construction execution and works together with the construction manager or coordinator to plan and manage safe and efficient field execution of all construction activities.
- Ensures high quality turnover to operations / maintenance and ensures seamless integration of the project with the refinery. Responsible for systems handover plan development and execution.
- Integrates with TAR planning and supports project commissioning.
- Works with Project Controls to develop, maintain, and review overall project schedules, milestones, reporting, cost forecasts, and estimates for al project activities; ensures appropriate project controls and change management processes are used on the project. Manages contingency progression/allocation through project closeout.
- Accountable for project closeout activities, sharing of lessons learned, and post-project assessment.
EDUCATION;• Engineering degree (B.S.) in relevant discipline preferred.
- Project Management certification, PMP or APM, preferred
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:• Demonstrated proficiency in project management. Minimum 7 years of experience in project management and demonstrated capability to deliver projects > $20M in a PM role. Ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes and complexities.• Understanding of front-end loading (FEL) concepts and experience in project development, detailed engineering, construction, and contractor management required.• Experience in project execution planning including project contracting and construction strategy development.
• Strong organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.