The purpose of this new role is to lead the definition of the Proof of Concept Low Carbon Mobility Hub next to logistic parcs (POC 1 LCMH), as well as facilitate ongoing learning and performance management across all POC LCMH sites.
As POC 1 lead, the role holder will work closely with key customers, supply partners and cross-functional experts in BP to define and develop the offer, site design and Economics from Appraise to Define. The pilot project is in the UK.
The role holder will also be accountable to facilitate learnings and monitor performance across POCs and other low carbon energy sites, ensuring a continuous improvement cycle. The role reports to the VP Low Carbon Mobility.
C&P roadmap is looking to develop 8 POC LCMH across Europe, and 18 LCMH by 2025, with focus on learning and improving offers and operations around low carbon energy vectors. The plan is to scale this up rapidly afterwards.
- Leads the development of Proof of Concept Low Carbon Mobility Hub next to warehouse (POC 1)
- Leads cross-functional team through Appraise to Define Stage Gate (EFM)
- Works closely with customers and warehouse operators to define the concept of a POC 1 Low Carbon Mobility Hub.
- Identifies opportunities that help define the role of a POC 1 hub as part of the warehouse ecosystem
- Assesses value, risks and feasibility of options and recommends Proof of concept to be build
- Leads cross functional team, covering all aspects from offer development, power strategy to HSSE and compliance.
- Articulates business case and develops EFM
- Works closely with the Low Carbon Implementation Managers to ensure a smooth handover in Execute
- Facilitates learnings and drives continuous improvement across POCs and other low carbon energy sites
- Works closely with teams across BP (eg Pulse, M&C, T&S Power, P&I) to define and execute testing concepts
- Ensures systematic and disciplined follow up of Proof of Concept testing and associated learning objectives
- Shares insights and helps translate into improvements
- Owns the continuous improvement cycle for Low Carbon Mobility Hubs
Technical / Job Competencies
- Monitors POC performance and key KPIs and recommends adjustments to operations, offer and site strategy
- Works with the finance, M&C, Pulse and Mid stream teams to set up a fit-for-purpose performance reporting
- Provides insights vs business cases and proof of concept testing objectives
- Recommends adjustments to offer, operations and site strategy
- Experience working on projects at various stages of development, including feasibility and concept selection
- Exposure to project financing, including preparation of financial modelling
- Understanding of steps required for development of projects from concept into operations
- Ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options to take on innovative and new solutions
- Strong performance bias: the ability to deliver with attention to detail under tight timelines and to priorities effectively
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Proven coordination experience, with demonstrated capability leading cross and multi-disciplined teams
- Works closely with key customers, supply partners and warehouse operators
- Engages with industry experts and OEMs
- Work closely with the European implementation lead & implementation managers from other clusters to align activities
- Works closely with Pulse, H2 team, M&C, RC&S and T&S Power
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, particularly in diverse and multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to energize others to support delivery objectives
- Resilient and able to adapt and remain motivated when faced with ambiguity
- Dynamic and flexible, and adaptive to change
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong ability to build networks and to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Ability to build trust and confidence to support efficient progress with action items
- Experience in the energy industry in either an engineering, commercial or consulting role
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy and mobility sector
- Extensive knowledge of the mobility & convenience business, in particular retail
- Excellent commercial understanding of a customer facing business and sales experience and knowledge of the commercial fleet & logistics markets
- Proven track record in developing product offers targeting B2B customers
- Good understanding of how to drive continuous improvement
Grade GResponsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.