- To advise on, manage and communicate policy risk and opportunity to BP Group on DER and Energy Efficiency public policy and related external developments and societal trends, including recommending appropriate positions, responses and partnerships.
- To develop effective positions, responses and partnerships that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- To support the development of a global vision over bp’s business lines priorities and over regional policy trends, needs/opportunities
Summary Decision Rights
Agree rights on all new policy positions and partnerships relating to DER and Energy Efficiency
- Policy development & analysis expertise
- Knowledge of natural climate solutions regulatory frameworks
- Communications skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Risk assessment experience (policy/reputation)
- Strong understanding of bp business & strategy
Role Core Responsibilities/ Requirements
- SME for all policy and partnerships relating to Decentralised Energy Resources and Energy Efficiency, including storages, minigrids, blockchain and digital, circular economy.
- Tracks the development of electricity market issues of relevance to BP at a global and regional level and assess the risks and opportunities from specific emerging public policy, legislative or regulatory instruments.
- Owns development of new policy positions and partnerships in the above-mentioned areas.
- Coordinates inputs in the to wider group policy development
- Policy development, in the above-mentioned areas.
- Owns relationships with key related policy stakeholders
- Provide expert advice, analysis and support for policy & advocacy activity in related businesses and group teams as well as the LT
- Tracks development of issues of relevance to bp at a global and regional level and assess risks and opportunities from specific emerging public policy, legislative or regulatory instruments.
- Ability to understand and assimilate large amounts of information on global policy trends and communicate salient points in a brief and compelling way to senior managers.
- Building productive internal working relationships, to work in partnership on developing and communicating BP positions.
- Representing the company during engagement with key external stakeholders and managing some of those relationships.
- Represents the group in key related industrial associations
- Delivering and coordinating the delivery of high-quality products and activities (including meetings, briefs and presentations), appropriate for BP executive and board members and senior external stakeholders.
- Can be requested to develop an integrated policy view over specific regions and / or for specific business lines.