The Real Estate Project Manager (REPM) is responsible for the implementation of the retail participation strategy in the cluster with special focus and dedication to the development of the filling station, EV and network. This is a key position in the B2C retail business as it is one of the main pillars that influences on the optimization of the assets to improve business profitability.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role you will:
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future.
Join as a Real Estate Project Manager
In this role we have the following requirements:
- In addition to portfolio optimisation, the REPM identifies, evaluates and recommends all projects requiring investments (capex) in the existing assets and the new business with the aim to contributing to the growth and profitability of the retail business in a specific country.
- The REPM manages all underperforming site action plans requiring divestment / decapitalization or P&L improvements with the aim to contribute a sustainable profitable retail business in the specific country.
- The REPM is accountable for contract renewals and lease extensions on company owned/ operated sites
- In some countries, the REPM has accountability for the renewal of dealer contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external parties – developers, landlords, local councils and familiarity with dealer owned network operators where required.
- Manage all site development activity (new builds, re-fits, minor modifications) following the standard Capital Value Process.
- Negotiate with property owners, investors, developers, dealers, local government, highways agency, pressure groups and others to achieve BP’s objectives, protecting, optimizing, the value and performance of bp’s retail assets.
- Where appropriate appoint and manage agents, consultants, contractors & solicitors from an approved list to handle the development or redevelopment of assets
- When required participate in ad-hoc asset/other projects such as acquisitions, tenders, swaps with competitors etc.
- Manages all allocated expenditure as per plan in the area of responsibility.
- Within CVP (Capital Value Process), manages the project from the beginning until the hand-over to Operations or closure / exit of the filling station.
- Complete a trading area analysis to evaluate potential of the project, identifying risks and threats for their consideration in the decision-making process.
- Responsible for the completion of the financial evaluation for each project.
- Responsible for the preparation of the contracts with the Legal department.
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Degree in Economics / Business Administration/ Property Management/ Engineering or equivalent
- Real Estate related experience preferably from the oil and gas/energy business
- Extensive project management expertise
- Competent negotiator
- Ability to undertake an asset valuation
- Proven commercial track record and sound understanding of components of value in retail business
- Financial/commercial knowledge, including budget management
- Customer focused and anticipate emerging trends