Location: Hamburg (preferred)
At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
The purpose of the role is to partner with the Regional GM Europe, Future Mobility & Solutions (FM&S) as a member of the regional leadership team. The FM&S business will launch its expanding EV charging business across multiple countries in 2022, including new market entry into Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, the Netherlands and Austria, with plans to expand into further new countries in 2023 and beyond. The role will play a key part in establishing the new business operating model across the region and leading the growth of the business. The successful individual will be required to develop strong working relationships with the in country HR teams across the region in order to deliver the agenda. Based in Germany the role will also be the HR business partner for the Germany based EV business.
- Provide HR business partnering support to the Regional GM, Europe FM&S and the regional leadership team
- Implementing, embedding and upscaling the new FM&S operating model across the region
- Provide functional assurance for all M&A activity in partnership with the deal team for all regional business development activities
- Support the development and implementation of the refreshed employee value proposition for the business across the region, enabling the European business to stand out as an employer of choice in the market
- Engage with the works councils on all employee matters as required
- Provide coaching to the regional leadership team to create a high performing team
- Drive employee engagement activities, sustaining performance where we have strong scores and improving areas of concern.
- Oversee all HR operational activities across the region
This is what you can expect:
- Experience of leading organisational change and transformation programs aligned to business strategy
- Proven ability to work at a regional level across multiple countries, mobilizing in country HR to prioritise and deliver key objectives
- Significant experience of providing HR business partnership at a regional level
- An appreciation of the complexities and variations in employment law and works council requirements across Europe especially for Germany
- Comfortable working in a complex, fast-paced, high-growth multi-stakeholder environment
- A passion for people engagement alongside a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- An ability to develop and implement a meaningful people strategy aligned to broader strategy and support senior leadership in organisation design and change management
- An ambition to help make FM&S a leading place to work
- Excellent business acumen with the ability to develop and use data and metrics, and connect this with business performance
- The ability to be both strategic and tactical, with creative approaches to problems with all stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and interpersonal), presentation and problem-solving skills, as well as good analytical skills & knowledge of innovative HR practices and solutions
- Fluent in German and English
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance