We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Retail Operations team and advance your career as a
This is an operational role accountable for the delivery of financial and operational performance of 25-30 sites within a geographical region in addition to managing process and personal safety. These sites are company owned and operated (COCO), company owned and franchise operated (COFO) and dealer owned and franchise operated (DOFO). We are looking for two Regional Managers.
Additional to the generic accountabilities below, the two Regional Manager positions each have a specific set of responsibilities as a lead and subject matter expert on COCO or COFO/DOFO channel. For the COCO channel the job holder is responsible for the day-to-day cooperation with the convenience partner and internal tag for Assets and participating in/ leading projects. For the franchise channel the job holder will be leading the Franchise Council and is owner of topics such as compliancy with franchise law, Franchise acquisition, third party finance and responsible for the biggest franchise clusters.
In this role You will:
- Establish a culture of operational excellence across all stores to ensure full compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures, and to deliver and maintain consistent operating and merchandising standards.
- Lead and drive performance improvements in the region in terms of store sales and gross margin, fuel volume and margin, accountable cost control, operational HSSE, and people metrics.
- Align with business changes and in particular with the implementation of strategic projects that impact on day-to-day operations such that they are provided with the appropriate priority within the region.
- Maximize sites profitability and financial performance of Region through maximizing sales, franchise fee, waste management, costs control and optimization and profitable exploitation of the Retail Assets.
- Ensure that sites are operated in line with the bp and strategic partner operational guidelines and work with the Offer Management team to identify opportunities for business development
- Negotiate franchise contracts/P&L’s with existing partners.
- Responsible for realizing franchise fees as planned and oversee solvency of our franchisers
- Ensure rigorous implementation of the franchise concept in COFO and DOFO.
- Develop frontline teams through Employee Lifecycle with a focus on retention, reward & recognition, training & development of capabilities.
- Coach, develop and motivate the site management / partners.
We have the following requirements:
- Proven operational retail experience with direct and indirect management of large teams and know how to drive changes in a team.
- The candidate is on the one hand autonomous and independent and on the other hand can switch well within a matrix organization and knows how to deal with different interests within an organization.
- An experienced candidate, who can read the shop floor, knows how to influence performance, manage KPIs and understand all aspects associated with retail. Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and communicative strong (all levels).
- An inspiring leader, with a passion for driving consistent retailing excellence across the entire business.
- Masters the English language. Candidates who do not have proficient Dutch language skills (both verbal and written) will not be considered for this local role.
- Higher Education Degree is strongly preferred.