Grade HResponsible for coordinating the activities of a team accountable for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.
This role is responsible for managing and driving high value & complexity sourcing projects in support of business objectives in the respective spend category. In addition to sourcing, it will be responsible for being the GBS interface/focal point in category specific discussions, developing supplier relationships and proactively identifying value opportunities.
- Act as the GBS Category expert / focal point in the given category towards GBS Procurement, PSCM and Business stakeholders
- Take the lead in ensuring effective information flow regarding the category strategy / guidance between GBS Procurement and PSCM
- Contribute to the development of the respective category strategies from a GBS Procurement side
- Provide category specific guidance and mentoring to the relevant GBS Procurement Team(s)
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the category level discussions and sourcing process
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximize value for BP in the marketplace
- Develop Sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective Category strategy / guidance
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Manage key stakeholder & supplier relationships in the given category and all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions throughout the sourcing projects looked after
- Negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process. Also propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyze data depending on the project requirements
- Mentor and support team members, and actively contribute to the development of GBS capability & knowledge in the given categories
- Take an innovative approach and support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulations
- Comply with all BP’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- 3+ year’s category specific experience, preferably in IT categories like Software as Service, Infrastructure, Cloud computing, Application development & Maintenance, Software license models, Hardware etc.
- Proven experience in dealing with external partners, especially with suppliers
- Experience with contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Experience on category management and/or category strategy development is an advantage.
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline and / or related field
- Procurement related professional certification like CIPS, MCIPS or CPSM etc is an advantage
- Understanding of the end-to-end Procurement process
- Strong knowledge of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Fluent in English and in other language(s) based on the BP location(s) supported
- Excellent time-management and task prioritization skills
- Strong motivation to further develop sourcing & category knowledge
- Ability to provide professional leadership, coordinate and mentor junior team members
- Proficient desktop computing experience
- Strong proactive and innovative approach