We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Sourcing Team and advance your career as a
Regional Sourcing Lead (German OR Portuguese speaking)
GBS Procurement is an integral part of how the BP business and functions operate. GBS Procurement support delivery of BP business and functional strategies by driving efficiency and effectiveness. The GBS Procurement sourcing team is part of the sourcing pillar and drives the way in which BP approaches the market to source third party supply, balancing efficiency and value drivers in line with category strategy.
The Sourcing team manages risk and delivers value for BP’s global spend on corporate goods and services (HR, Professional Services, Property and Travel) working across all functions, segments and geographies providing a unique ability to impact the business globally.
The Regional Sourcing Lead is responsible for delivering mid-complex, potentially multi-region sourcing events on behalf of corporate services categories such as HR, professional services, property and travel, driving significant value for the business.
In this role You will:
- Validate requests, scopes of work and liaise with stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are considered/met
- Gather and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to the appropriate category and region to properly gauge and evaluate market and industry conditions utilized to determine the sourcing strategy
- Develop Sourcing Strategy with supervision based on request, incumbents, market conditions, scopes of work, etc. and manage the approval process
- Screen suppliers as per the related guidelines, Support/manage the supplier selection process
- Manage the relevant supplier interactions and relationship throughout a sourcing project/task lifespan
- Develop and obtain approvals for award recommendation documentation
- Evaluate proposals/outputs
- Lead complex negotiations for multi region commercial contracts
- Ensuring compliance to GBS Procurement controls and contract template
- Manage the contract execution/signature process per the applicable legal/POA (power of attorney) requirements for each BP entity, be a contract owner
Additional accountabilities specific to this role
- Effectively represent each category and region supported to the business and suppliers
- Develop a solid understanding of assigned regional contracts, supply agreement templates along with thorough understanding of legal concepts related to each category’s guiding principles, also known as Category Guidance.
- Reporting effectiveness through key metrics, including value delivery to the Sourcing Manager
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline or related field
- Professional experience with 5-7 years in procurement
- Experienced in running and complex sourcing events (including multi-vendor, single source negotiations, and RFXs)
- Experienced in sourcing across HR, Professional Services, Property and/or Travel categories
- Fluency in English and in German OR Portuguese
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required given diverse nature of operating landscape.
- Good influencing skills and the ability to motivate cross functional and diverse teams.
- Project management capabilities
- Good understanding of procurement processes and systems
- Strong negotiation skills in preparation and planning with evidence of key behaviours including listening, professional inquisitiveness
- Experienced in contracting including developing contract strategies, contract negotiations and setting up contracts with ongoing management in mind
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment