Architecture is a collaborative discipline, and it plays a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, in order to create an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
This role is based in Houston and will be a hybrid role. In office 60% of the time, remote 40%.
A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science, or equivalent work experience.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering transformational IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Azure experience
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Experience in being part of a tight-knit delivery team. You accomplish exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- A proven grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- The ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Solution Architecture
- Cloud Native Services; ideally Azure
- Microservice Architectures, programming languages and frameworks
- API enablement and management
- Integration Patterns
- Systems Integration
- Structured and unstructured data storage and analytics
- Knowledgeable about technology to support physical assets (OT) and integration into digital processes (IT).
- Experience of developing architectures to support business development, pre-sales or bid activity.
- Experience of technology and platforms supporting renewable energy businesses.
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Emerging Technology Monitoring · Structured and unstructured data storage and analytics
- Functional knowledge of Power markets.