GBS People and Culture Services and Solutions (P&C S+S) is an internal global HR shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised People and Culture Services and Solutions for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for bp’s footprint. People and Culture Services and Solutions are the first point of contact for People and Culture related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best customer experience. The GBS People and Culture Services and Solutions Reporting and Data team provides People and Culture operational reporting and data, MI, analytics and insights to senior leadership and key stakeholders across the business.The purpose
of the reporting and data senior analyst role is to provide bp people data through data provisioning and reporting to support business, operational and service management for bp business, internal People and Culture Services and Solution and cross Delivery Centres; incorporating data from multiple People and Culture sources.
- Provide support for all operational processes relating to ingestion, transformation and management of data within the Data Lake. This includes execution of daily data/system checks and performing data investigation and troubleshooting
- Support and maintain subject matter expertise in all data areas (Core People Services, Resourcing, Talent, Learning) and the operational Data Lake solution, sharing this knowledge appropriately with other HR Services teams as required
- Compile and maintain detailed process documentation for Data load in support of all operations
- Support technical changes to Data Lake solution, including testing and any support of Data Quality (DQ)
- Drive the CI agenda for BAU operations in the Data Lake, working with solution owner and wider HR services community to implement appropriate change
- Continuous improvement of the reporting and data services working with solution owner to build P&C and business capability on self-service reporting as well as streamline existing reports and datasources
- Bachelor's Degree at the minimum
- 5 years of reporting and/or data related experience preferably in HR
Demonstrates capability in line with the P&C Capability Framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
- Reporting & Data experience and associated systems such as Workday report build, Microsoft Power BI, any cloud platform knowledge and able to provide advice and knows when to seek coaching and advice from senior colleagues.
- Numeracy & analytical thinking – able to quickly and effectively analyst system generated data to provide insights (talent, reward, performance) and assimilate data and information from a range of sources to inform business insights.
- Customer focus – Puts the customer and business strategy at the heart of decision making. Ability to guide leaders through choices to best suit business requirements
- Solution focus – seeks to identify solutions which will add value to client and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
- Drives value-adding solutions and a track record of improving/adding value
- Externally orientated – actively working on developing external connections, aware of best practice and actively learns from others. Ability to analyse leading practice, market trends and benchmarking
- Relationship management – Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers. Developing partnering, basic consultancy skills and a ‘coach approach’ to build trust. Is building and applying skills in active listening, influencing and communication.
- HR Administration experience and associated systems
- Workday report development experience
- Microsoft Power Bi dashboard and report development
- Foundational knowledge of CRM systems
- Foundational knowledge of HR processes in Workforce, Payroll, Talent, Learning and Resourcing
- Proficient in using MS Office, particularly Excel
- A continuous improvement approach; seeking simple, ‘best fit’ solutions to challenges