From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances. Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a Reporting and data integration analyst!
In this role You will:
• Drive the development of standardised MI Data-lake, Interfaces and Data-model to achieve consistency and efficiency in Customer reporting and provide consistent data to management:
• Design and own MI Data-lake structure, Data-model and Data-security to provide the appropriate data with the needed frequency to the right audience
• Design and own data clustering / cleaning logic and rules as part of the data ingestion process into the Data-lake
• Design and own forecasting models to enable what-if analysis and the move from data driving insight to foresight
• Build and maintain close working relationships with Stakeholders. Capture changes in the source systems and plan for the necessary MI data changes to keep consistent MI data availability
• POC for new data / metrics implementation initiatives, working closely with the Report Developers and Business Analysts
• Identify and own transformation, standardization and simplification changes, initiatives related to reporting data
• Explore and Identify data-science related opportunities (forecasting models, machine learning, statistical data analysis etc.) for continuous improvement within the Reporting and Insights team, and drive the implementation of these changes
• Actively participate in internal and external data-science communities, collect, implement and share best practices
We have the following requirements:
• 3-5 years of experience with emphasis on reports, management information, handling big amount of data, meeting strict deadlines and adhering to high quality requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Intermediate (or higher) level of IT proficiency in Microsoft packages and BI Tools and strong understanding of database concepts: tables, joins, filters, SQL basics
• Strong written/oral communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships
• Exceptional time management and organisation skills
• Experience in joining together and analyzing multiple data-sources to produce reliable MI
• Experience in working closely with/managing IT&S development/support teams
• Programming language knowlegde (VBA, Java, Python, R etc.) is an advantage
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
• A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
• Possibility to join our social communities and networks
• Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
• Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
• Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
• Life & health insurance, medical care package
• Company laptop
• Phone for private usage
• Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement