Responsible for supporting the relevant science/research engineering activities, using basic technical capabilities to provide process development expertise, evaluate new processes, perform technical and conceptual evaluation and assist in the monitoring of experimental facilities to support existing and emerging business needs.
The Research Technician is encouraged to coordinate his/her individual time to provide operation of multiple pieces of laboratory equipment in support of AB&PS research programmes. This includes resolving timing related to the beginning and ending of experiments, acquiring appropriate chemicals and materials for support for the project, actual operation of the equipment, and any post-analysis dissemination of data/analysis from the completed test. Typically, the results from these experiments are used in solving problems related to research projects, which is further used to make decisions around next steps for advancing project goals. Typical planning cycles are short-term in that to be flexible to account for the daily/weekly needs of the engineers and chemists that supports.
- Carry out experimental work using the equipment in the EIL, i.e., YashenTech rig, Strata rig and three Meryer rigs. In charge of rigs’ daily operation and maintenance, focusing on lab preparation (gas station, gas detectors, cooling machine, vacuum system, on-line MicroGCs and off-line GC, QMS etc.), inert fillers and impetus samples preparation and loading, feed (gas/liquid) distribution confirmation, reaction control, product samples collection & analysis and data processing, post-experiment work (impetus collection, reactor cleaning etc.).
- Compile workflow programmes with PCS (Process Control System) to realize fully automated and high efficiency rig operation. Post-process experimental data with DMS (Data Management System) based on established data analysis methods. Prepare daily rig records and preliminary experimental reports. Familiarity with the usage of Lab-view software is helpful.
- Carry out impetus synthesis and impetus characterization. Commission and operate new lab equipment. Operate and maintain lab routine equipment, e.g., muffle furnace, pellet machine, rotary evaporator, centrifuge, water bath, ultrasonic cleaner, DI water system, PH meter and conduct meter, analytical balance etc. Operation and routine maintenance of GC, QMS, HPLC, GC-MS, NPD, Chemisorption and Liquid pumps.
- Support lab manager to update and archive HSSE documents, maintain core safety equipment (emergent shower, fire extinguisher, chemical spill kit and first aid kit etc.), handle chemical inventory, and service and maintain core lab facilities (lab interlock system, gas detector calibration service, and safety valves examination etc.).
- A bachelor/master’s in chemistry or chemical engineering or related majors.
- In addition, one key part of this role relates to the operation and maintenance of lab equipment. Therefore, at least 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, including small scale operation, is required for this role. Moreover, the role requires experience in a chemical research lab with respect to HSSE, set-up, operation management, and maintenance.
- Experience in rig automation (e.g., LabView ) is preferred
- Broad experience of research scale equipment design and operation up to pilot plant
- Proven experience of working optimally as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Experiences in occupational hygiene
- Languages Needed: Mandarin - Proficient; English - Preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.