Would you like to source of expertise for all ER guidance for our Retail/Express business? bp Retail/Express comprises of circa 312 stores, with approximately 5,500 hourly paid employees and 1,000 managers.
The ER Lead is responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures for UK Retail/Express are legally compliant and maintained. This role covers all Retail/Express roles from a store perspective and will focus on ensuring we are competitive in our approach to policies and procedures and support our aspiration to be an employer of choice.
- Keeping up to date on employment law, regulatory change and developments with regards to the best ways or working in ER
- Identify and execute specific programmes, policies, frameworks and tools to support the change agenda and
- Ensure all policies and procedures are inclusive/representative and support our D&I agenda
- Communicating with HR and line managers as appropriate to ensure aware of changes and keeping up to date with ER climate
- Maintaining all ER related materials; policies, employee handbooks, training courses
- Regularly benchmarks externally to ensure we maintain pace with the wider Retail market
- Liaise with wider BP Group Employee Relations colleagues in order to ensure UK Retail is kept up to date on internal changes
- Provide key benchmarking data for ER related matters; trends in activity, employment tribunal information etc.
- Primary accountability for maintaining sources of data such as ROSI+, Smile, booklets and collateral
- Liaise with Payroll team to ensure team are kept informed of changes and are upskilled as appropriate
- Work closely with the Express Employee Forum to maintain an involvement process and culture
- Implement the employee relations strategy for BP Express aligned with wider company ER strategy
The ER Lead will have close links with the Express and Operations Leadership Team, Group Employee Relations Teams, HR Field Team and Retail Payroll Team
Essential experience and job requirements
If you think you have the right skills set and are excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
- Strong ER advisory and policy background
- Understanding of retail would be beneficial
- Great Teammate
- Great at building strong relationships
- Executes and delivers end results
- Exercises good judgement
- Emotionally resilient
- Able to be responsive in a fast-paced, demanding operational environment
- Commercially aware
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.