Our retail channel is central to our future growth, and we are looking for a forward-thinking, motivated individual to create and execute strategic initiatives in support of our retail group. This cross-discipline role works across Castrol and wider bp and is an exciting new opportunity to help build and grow our already exciting retail offer.
Do you want to be part of a diverse, hardworking team developing growth opportunities for our retail offer?
What the role does!
What we need from you!We are seeking someone with a degree level qualification in Marketing or a related field. You will have considerable experience in retail marketing, with a demonstrated track record of delivering value and organisational leadership. Experience working with big retailers is essential, with a focus on growing their brick and click agenda. Ideally, you will also have experience leveraging digital to connect with consumers, including defining communication strategy and messaging.To be successful in the role you will need to be able to develop and implement plans, identify, and implement new opportunity, whilst measuring and delivering results. The ability to think conceptually and creatively will be a real asset when setting a vision, identifying new opportunities and ways of working. Sophisticated analytical skills will allow you to mine data for understanding and insight, helping define these new opportunities. A comprehensive understanding of digital ecosystems will be useful to understand and build the consumer’s journey.This role can be based in the UK (preference), France or Germany.At bp, we provide an outstanding environment and excellent benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning, and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others.Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now.
- Builds overarching retail strategy to re-establish Castrol / Aral as the premium lubricant and service brand.
- Leads on industry trends, sharing best practices, joint business planning with key functional groups, innovation and renovation of the offer, ownership of the sales toolkit and communication internally/externally.
- Develops and leads trade promotions and spending efficiency.
- Works with retail sales leads to build and drive value with our offer.
- Supports field sales organisation to gain valuable insight/feedback from key customers and sales personnel that can be utilised to improve the strategy for the total business.
- Develops and communicates the retail strategy with a digital first mindset and strong KPIs to assess effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manages trade program budget to control costs as well as improve sales volume and profitability in a scalable way.
- Attends customer meetings to ensure strategy is implemented, executed, and evaluated based on the plan.
- Single point of contact for all things DIY related inclusive of media placement.
- Monitors competitive activity trends to enhance strategic direction and facilitate the planning process.
- Routinely reviews and evaluates competitive programs & selling tools to ensure that Castrol/ Aral program exceeds industry’s best practices.
- Develop offers with functional groups to go after new business opportunities that strategically fit into our business model.
- Ensure the tactical implementation process is aligned with the overall strategies.
- Coordinate through all relevant internal and external parties to deliver implementation excellence across all customer/consumer programs.
- Involvement in digital tools project management.