The role exists to manage and execute high volume retail resourcing activities for BP’s company owned and operated sites, in accordance with defined process while acting as subject matter expert in all areas relating to retail resourcing for BP’s company owned and operated sites, this includes supporting and coaching hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Execute core recruitment process activities including utilising available sourcing channels and job posting, applicant screening and shortlisting, use of recruitment tools, managing candidate engagement throughout the lifecycle of the recruitment process, management of candidate information shared with hiring managers progressing/declining candidates, reference and background checking and preparation of offer documentation and employment contracts
- Follow the company’s recruitment and selection policy, maintaining knowledge of the policy to ensure that all recruitment and selection decisions are compliant to Standard Operating Procedures
- Partnering with hiring managers to analyse recruitment requirements for new positions and ensure employees have the Right to Work and employment offer aligns to any visa restrictions they may have
- Develop and maintain national talent pools & Execute defined process for the use of the recruitment system (Page Up), maintaining accuracy
- Provide line managers with candidate summary information, support resources such as interview guides and questions, and ensuring BP maintains adherence to privacy act obligations
- Support Retail Services Lead in high-volume recruitment projects and act as the first point of escalation within the team, coordinate the resolution of business escalations
- Actively identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the AU Retail end-to-end activities and Subject Matter Expert areas.
- Provide monthly recruitment statistics to key business stakeholders
- Support the development and embedment of a best practice recruitment function
- Manage conflicting priorities and the expectations of internal stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach Junior team members on operational issues and pro-actively seek prompt resolution of business escalations where required
- Work closely with AU local Retail team in resolving operational issues, understanding processes while ensuring that overall operational objectives are met, ideas shared, and lessons learnt
- Bachelor’s degree at the minimum
- 4 years of recruitment experience and above, with prior experience supporting Australia (AU) and it's working hours
Demonstrates capability in line with the HR Capability Framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
- Breadth and depth across the HR technical areas and able to provide professional advice and act as a coach to others in most of the areas
- Prior experience in HR Shared Service / service centre in a multi-national organisation
- Developing specific technical capability and experience in organisational management
- A passion and interest in emerging trends in customer experience and how this can enhance business performance
- Experience of working in a multi-national and multi-lingual environment
- Analytical thinking – comfortable using analytics to identify outcomes and influence decision making, e.g. ER strategies, targeted retention, succession planning & strategic workforce shaping
- Digital fluency - not only comfortable and competent using technology to enable and enhance ways of working and thinking, also comfortable in the wider digital environment and the interface with business transformation including people, processes and data driven actions.
- Drives value-adding solutions and a track record of improving/adding value
- Relationship management – Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers. Is building and applying skills in active listening and is able to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Proficient knowledge of CRM systems
- Proficient in using MS Office
- Foundational knowledge of Reporting & Analytics
- Proficient knowledge of HR system such as Workday