We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our COCO function Team and advance your career as a
Subject Matter Expert - Retail Site Accounting – Spanish Speaking
Customer teams are dealing with sales support processes, account management, order taking, invoice processing, cash collection, service request management and supply chain management activities.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
- Strong knowledge of COCO Accounting processes (end-to-end)
- Provide deep finance process domain expertise, guidance, support, training and mentoring for team members
- Supervise daily work within the team
- Oversight team’s performance, immediately step in in case of need
- Manage extra workload by reallocating tasks if neccessary
- Build up back up system within team members
- Lead the Month End Close processes in a timely and accurate manner
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensure that proper follow up is in progress in case of issues / erroneous items
- Act as Control owner - build up and assure proper controls are in place for all COCO processes
- Identify process improvement opportunities and drive their implementation
Service management and continuous improvement:
- Provide support to the TL in HR related tasks (recruitment, performance evaluation of the team and team members)
- Lead projects team and/or department level
- Preapre and present KPI reports to the management
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers
- Lead role in process simplification and automatization
- Monitor and review process documentations (SOPs, JOB Aids, Instrictions) are up-to-date
- Take active part in training of new team members – supervise onboarding & training plan
- Build a team of SMEs/ senior roles within Retail CoCo to ensure both business continuity and process improvement
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent accounting / finance qualification
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in accounting / finance (preferably GL)
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Expertise in SAP (AP/AR/GL ledgers)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (especially in Excel)
- Experience in project management
- People management: task allocation, performance management, development
- High understanding of the business requirements and strategy
- Result-oriented personality and capability to work in a team or individually if required
- Control oriented mindset
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!