The Revenue Analyst role sits within a larger accounting organization called ROMA that essentially combines revenue, ownership (DOI and JV) and production and measurement. This is part of the Accounting organization within bpx.
While the majority of the revenue transactional work is performed in another location within bpx, the revenue related work performed within the ROMA team in Houston and Denver focuses on providing assurance on the oil, gas, ngl revenue recorded for their assigned assets, interfacing with the trading organization for intercompany balancing, understanding business context and commercial elements to ensure proper accounting set ups, communicating business results to the area leadership teams, and oftentimes recording certain unique entries to account for gas balancing or other imbalances.
Production Volumes, Gross Margin elements, and pricing are to be thoroughly understood to provide that volume and gross margin assurance each month. The primary responsibilities of the role are preparation of the monthly revenue accrual, analysis of monthly results to forecast, preparation of data for monthly revenue review with asset team and to serve as the coordination point for any revenue items related to their assets. The successful candidate will also work closely the team performing transactional work as well as other parts of the accounting organization.
- Work with Operations team to prepare monthly revenue accruals
- Ensure monthly revenue recordings are accurate while adhering to closing deadlines
- Analyze monthly revenue results to assure accuracy of the financials
- Prepare a projection of future production related to prior period adjustments, estimate the impact of severance and ad valorem tax expense
- Prepare presentation for monthly revenue review with asset team
- Support the asset Control, Finance, Operations, Land and Midstream teams, as needed
- Perform an independent investigation and analysis of issues presented by the respective business areas, customer relations team, service provider or State agencies
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with other teams and outsourced, offshored service provider.
- Keep track of new wells and the related revenue activity
- Accountable for analysis and reconciliation efforts associated with balance sheet accounts.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of Revenue accounting in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Experience with SAP PRA
- Ability to query data and convert to high level messages that meaningful and insightful management information
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $92,803-134,930
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach line manager approval to your application for any position.