About the role:
- The Risk Management Advisor is the HSE&C resource providing connectivity for each site with the Risk process within the HSE&C team. Strategically, this position will have insights into the risk process from the HSE&C perspective and participate in detailed risk processes to provide oversight/ insight into specific HSE&C activities, as well as providing HSE&C perspective into site risk assessments.
- Understanding of the risk process, the 8x8 risk matrix, categories and determination of risk, and understanding of risk mitigation processes and activities.
- This role will be the single point of accountability to interface with the central Risk, Systems, and Learning team within the site HSE&C support organization to provide customer support to the P&O organization.
- Communication and follow up between Refinery and S&OR / Central Teams with regard to Risk Management Systems (RM).
- Execute tasks of Risk Champion according to GDP 3.1-0001, implementation and development of Risk Management.
- Support of implementing legal requirements.
- Support with audits, field verification and safety walks.
- Handle site risk process and self-verification activities for HSE&C at the site.
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to align process safety with HSE&C.
- Support of activity owners and field resources in providing risk analysis.
- Monitor/ lead findings and closure plans for risk process.
- Active in oversight for Process Safety multi-functional activities.
- Lead day to day activities of USW Process Safety Representative.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in relevant field
- 5-7 years of job experience
- Good communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Conceptual thinking skills and independent way of working
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Power Apps
Why join us:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and adventurous environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.