Location: Moenchengladbach, Germany
At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
Focus area of the job holder is the robotic test rig and all associated tasks, where tests methods are developed and optimized in close contact with the sales / marketing team.
The job holder is also responsible for executing mechanical tribological tests on high performance test rigs, CNC centers for the development departments in Castrol Technology and other test requestor.
The job also includes pre-evaluation and pre-measuring of test parts, test execution, capture and measuring of data, and evaluation and measuring of test parts afterwards including documentation of results. Furthermore, he is responsible for the maintenance and calibration of test rigs and is the technical contact for all questions related to the tests and results.
- Build up robotic test rig by supporting development and optimizing of test method
- Responsible for the execution, documentation and reporting of tests on different test rigs in the testing and machining center
- Provide good quality documentation of results and share with the greater Technology Community
- Manage local and global test programs and projects with regular stakeholder reviews and updates
- Plan resources in cooperation with Senior Team Leader or Lead Engineer to ensure efficient delivery of robotic projects: on time, in budget
- Support customers and the departments with expert knowledge
Level: I-lowThis is what you can expect:
- Degree or higher in Engineering or other relevant subject.
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience in the Lubricant, Machining or related Industry.
- Experience with development and execution of test methods on rigs
- Understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and electronic measurement technology
- Experience in lubricants, marine lubricants and energy products and applications
- Ability to work cross-functionally, interact at most senior levels, internally and externally
- Good to excellent oral and written English skills (B2 Proficiency)
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance