The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for providing Rotating Equipment expertise to the refinery. As the Rotating Equipment Engineer you will support maintenance, inspection and turnaround activity. You will proactively interact with other teams to systematically resolve problems and apply sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardization.
- Ensure rotating equipment reliability strategy and related programs and processes are consistently applied for assigned equipment.
- Development and update of inspection/overhaul plans for assigned rotating equipment.
- Engineering support for the review of rotating equipment startup, operating and shutdown procedures.
- Engineering support for the discovery phase of overhaul projects, including development, approval and funding of the final work scope and the design of required repairs and upgrades.
- Engineering support for on-stream monitoring, trouble-shooting and unscheduled shutdown decision-making.
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and ensure plans are in place to address gaps.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of experience in engineering
- Experience working in the (oil and gas) industry