The Rotating Equipment Engineer position serves as a member of the Cherry Point Technical Team and supports the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations. The position utilizes leading edge technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of equipment to maximize unit availability and performance. The position will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.
- Provides technical support, guidance, direction, and leadership for reliability issues involving rotating equipment (centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, gears, couplings, steam turbines, etc.).
- Defines the scope of rotating equipment repairs and upgrades.
- Assists in the development, procurement, planning and execution of turnaround scope.
- Provides technical review and recommendations on life cycle management of rotating equipment including inspection, maintenance, repair, re-rate, and replacement plans.
- Leads and/or participates in root cause analysis of rotating equipment failures.
- Identifies and implements reliability improvement strategies, practices, and projects.
- Provides short-term, hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance of rotating equipment and related equipment problems.
- Provides technical guidance in determining priority of equipment repairs by the area asset team.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to rotating equipment reliability problems.
- Works independently to carry out complex activities.
- Creates and stores engineering calculations for future work scope development and history preservation.
- Maintains technical competency in troubleshooting rotating equipment systems, asset upgrade and PM/PdM techniques.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years of plant maintenance, reliability, or relevant engineering experience required.
- Technical competency in troubleshooting rotating equipment systems, asset upgrade and design changes.
- Must have strong computer skills including MS Software and ability to utilize spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with technical, management, craft and operators are required.
- Currently holds a TWIC or eligible for TWIC.
- Specific knowledge and experience with API rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gearboxes, couplings, etc) is required.
- Understands and has working knowledge in preventive and predictive maintenance programs. (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, compressor performance monitoring, etc.)
- Understanding of API 686 RP for Machinery Installation and Installation Design
- Turnaround maintenance experience.
How much do we pay (Base)? $87,000 - $161,000
Note that the pay range listed for this position is a genuinely expected and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This position offers paid vacation depending on your years of relevant industry experience and will range from 15-30 days of vacation. You will also be eligible for 9 paid holidays per year and 2 personal choice holidays. You may learn more about how we calculate paid vacation and view our generous vacation and holiday schedules at benefits@bp. Bp has a parental leave policy as well, which offers up to 8 weeks’ paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child. Learn more at benefits@bp.
We offer a reward package to enable your work to fit with your life. These offerings include a discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and generous retirement benefits that include a 401k matching program. These benefits may include a pension for eligible employees. You may learn more about our generous benefits at benefits@bp.
As part of bp’s wellbeing package, bp offers access to health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as life and Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. You may learn more about our generous benefits at benefits@bp.