The Assessor assesses people prior to entry into Safety-Critical Roles (i.e., WOS, WSL, and WSUP) and at defined intervals thereafter against the required competency profile for their role in accordance with Operating Management System (OMS) element 2.2.3
The role of Competence Assessor is a critical link in the wells safety program by ensuring our personnel are qualified, competent, and able to complete their role safely in high-risk operations.
Day to day responsibilities:
Assesses candidates prior to entry into Safety and Operational Risk (SOR) Safety-Critical Roles (i.e., Wells Operations Specialist (WOS), Well Site Leader (WSL), and Wells Superintendent (WSUP) and at defined intervals thereafter against the required competency profile for their role in accordance with Operating Management System (OMS) element 2.2.3
This job requires a thorough understanding of BP’s Safety Critical Role assessment program as defined in practices 100428 and 100188.
The role of Competence Assessor is a critical link in the wells safety program by ensuring our personnel are qualified, competent, and able to execute their role safely in high-risk operations.
Assesses candidates prior to entry into Safety-Critical Roles (i.e., WOS, WSL, and WSUP) and at defined intervals thereafter against the required competency profile for their role.
Receives candidate details from Scheduler and contacts the candidate to arrange an assessment information “in-brief” meeting.
Holds an “in-brief” meeting to:
Discuss candidate assessment preparation requirements.
Discuss what actually happens during an assessment.
Discuss post-assessment steps.
Continues to liaise with the candidate and occasionally with in-Region Line Management for assessment endorsement of the plan.
Holds the candidate assessment while using the designed process in accordance with the SOR Safety-Critical Role Assessment methodologies and Assessor training. Assessments are held remotely via Teams, although Assessor travel to the Region could be required if multiple candidates are to be assessed.
Provides high-level feedback on assessment results to the candidate at the end of their assessment.
Issues assessment gap reporting via the SOR Safety-Critical Role Assessment Portal to the candidate and their Line Manager.
Holds an “out-brief” session with the candidate’s Line Manager to convey any assessment competency gap findings. Supports assessment outcomes (i.e., Immediate Attention, Line SV, and Independent Verification) in accordance with the designed process.
Supports the development of the SOR assessment tool and generation of new question material.
• University Degree in Engineering or Science
• Well Control certification in either IADC or IWCF
• Minimum 15 years in the petroleum industry particularly the drilling, completion and well interventions areas.
• Meets travel and logistical requirements (i.e., on- and off-shore, international)
• International operational experience
• Surface and Subsea wells operations experience
• Experience as a technical and behavioral assessor
• Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS) or Operating Management Systems (OMS)
• Shows willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule
• Experience as line manager leading engineering or operations teams
• Demonstrated deep technical expertise of the roles being assessed
• Holds current International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) or International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certification.
Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!