The Sales Manager -Industrial and HD is responsible for the sales and relationship management with a group of key account customers in defined territory. The role is accountable for driving growth with key customers measured through Sales Volume and Gross Margin delivered.
He/she shall develop and implement sales programs, which maximize both short- and long-term Sales Function target and objectives by spending at least 20% of working time in market – on the job coaching & training Sales Managers as well as conducting market survey to explore opportunities for growth.
- Develop and agree (both internally and externally) the annual Key Account plan for each Industrial Key Account in the area of responsibility ensuring these plans are aligned with the overall business strategy and any agreements with relevant strategic partners
- Deliver financial performance targets for the Key Accounts including Volume, GM and Overdue.
- Support Channel Sales Specialists by sharing best practices, market and channel related insights and coach them to improve their capabilities
- Execute prospecting strategy for key accounts, including data gathering, market knowledge, stakeholder and relationship management and tender/offer processes, which may include participation in processes across several territories and/or countries, as well as channels.
- Manage customer business reviews to communicate and prove value delivery and reinforce relationships.
- Implement the annual Key Account plan with the Account portfolio, in particular regarding:
- Identifying critical customer needs and match our Value Proposition to those needs.
- Execution of agreed activities to maximize Customer and Company objectives and value
- Stakeholder and Relationship management at all levels and through all functions of the Customer and the Company
- HSSE and Ethical compliance
- Manage all revenues and costs associated within the activity at the Key account to maximise impact on account profitability
- Collect and monitor results from the execution, both from a Customer and a Company perspective, and analyse against the planning, and run (min) quarterly Business reviews in order to undertake corrective actions if necessary. Share insight, market knowledge and experience in structured format using available CRM tools and methodology.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
- Improve and deliver customer experience in Key Accounts. Ensure delivery of our promises by seeking continuous improvement and efficiency in all operations making sure the voice of the customer is represented in every decision we make. Drive standardisation of our sales offers in line with our basic customer offer.
- Ensure that all activities conducted through 3rd parties or intermediaries in responsibility area comply fully with our own CoC and local competition legalisation. Ensure compliance with country regulations, BP Group, Segment and regional policies and standards (e.g. Picasso).
Education and Experience
- University degree education, strong experience in Sales / Marketing or Engineering background will be advantage
- Master of business administration degree education is preferable.
Experience (depth and nature)
- At least 10 years of experiences in managerial level with at least 5 years B2B sales management experience
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organization is essential for success in this role
- Experience managing large /complex customers
- Track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
- Experience/track record/confidence representing the company externally and dealing professionally with large customers
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans.
- Ability to be hands on and drive the business with direct responsibility
- Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations
- English communication and Business Presentation
- Lubricant’s experience and background in sales and/or marketing roles
- Relevant experience of the local market including relevant legislative and regulatory knowledge