Responsible for delivering the indirect sales strategy and financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin and Overdue, managing local distributor partners and intermediaries/resellers in the sales territory or geography, finding prospect partners, coaching distributors and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
As part of BP, Castrol Lubricants is widely acknowledged as the world's leading specialist provider of Lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes. Castrol has recently launched its new sustainability strategy - PATH360, which sets out aims for 2030 to save waste, reduce carbon and improve lives. Castrol was chosen by NASA to specially develop greases and oils for use in their 2020 Mars Perseverance Rover.
The Sales Specialist - Aftermarket/Indirect role will manage a portfolio of customers across Castrol’s Aftermarket, Retail and Indirect businesses, seeking out new prospects within Brisbane, Queensland and its surrounding area. The role reports to the National Sales Manager and we are looking for an energetic new team member, motivated to succeed in a competitive environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive incremental growth and performance within the Castrol business.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Manage a portfolio of businesses across various industries, geographical areas and find opportunities for growth.
- Work collaboratively with Key Account Managers to assist in developing range reviews, offer refinement and performance analysis for the Key Accounts across the portfolio
- Partner with customers to work towards shared goals. Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
- Understand what drives customers’ needs and be a trusted product/brand advisor to strategically drive sales.
- Analyse data sets, you will play a key role in our team assisting with managing a master data set and draw insights from data sets and identify trends
- Staying connected with customer and industry activities. Act as the customer’s voice internally and ensure that marketing offers are relevant to meet opportunities.
To be successful, you are agile, driven and passionate in building relationship with customer through learning their business operations and needs. Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and bringing different perspective to create values through:
- Previous 5+ years’ experience within Account Management or Sales and Marketing.
- Relationships – this is key for a salesperson? Both for the customer and for being effective internally
- Experience navigating complex/highly cross functional teams/business to be effective
- Fast learner- able to learn new concepts/products/value propositions quickly
- A degree in related Business or Marketing field
- Able to further build the capability of our sales force, ideally you are someone who is seeking job progression and career growth.
- Previous experience with data analytics supporting business growth and managing data sets
- High level proficiency in MS Excel and MS business suite.
- Ability to travel, as required, for customer visits (metropolitan)
- Knowledge of Lubricants and Technical Product knowledge will be advantageous.
About the benefits
- Attractive remuneration package including Car and fuel card.
- Flexible working arrangement in a collaborative environment.
- Part of the wider BP Group which provides further opportunity for career progression
- Multiple Training programs in addition to upskilling opportunities
- Maternity program
- Paternity leave