bp Angola operates 2 FPSO’s offshore Angola.
The Sea Going Marine Engineer role on the FPSO will, under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) and Marine Team Leader (TL), operate and maintain marine and auxiliary equipment, and other equipment as designated by the MTL and Marine TL.
The Sea Going Marine Engineer will provide coaching and support to the Marine and Mechanical Technicians as required, as well as being a full member of the FPSO emergency response team and safety committee as required.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of marine and auxiliary machinery offshore primarily in the machinery spaces
- Responsible for maintaining the machinery spaces in a safe and tidy condition
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of designated equipment topsides as directed by the Marine TL and MTL
- To act as a member of the emergency response team as required
- Be fully familiar with the Upstream Control of Work requirements and the CMMS (SAP PM) system
- Marine Engineering relevant qualification
- STCW Code Section A-III/1 Chapter III (STCW (required)
- 2010 Resolution 2) and STCW Code Section A-V/1-1 Chapter V (STCW
- 2010 Resolution 2)
- 5 -7 years experience as Marine Engineer
- Must have sailed as at least a Third Engineer Officer on deep sea oil, LNG or chemical Tankers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication