Responsible for supporting leaders through delivery of value-added analysis, research and reporting to provide business understanding and control, including provision of market risk models and analytics and ensuring regulatory compliance in order to support the team's core accountability of delivering independent daily exposures, profit and loss (P&L) reporting and analysis of trading activities.
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world. In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable out-comes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Commodity Risk is a vital department within the Trading and Shipping organisation and holds the primary interface into the front office. There is daily interaction with traders and support functions to facilitate the production of accurate and insightful management information. Through reporting and analysis, Commodity Risk strives to provide deep business understanding and independent controls to support business decisions. The skills and knowledge developed in this role offer many opportunities to build a long, successful career in both trading and the wider energy business.
- Independently analyse and report trading book exposures and performance drivers.
- Validate integrity of management information provided to Financial Accounts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, exposures, trading strategy and market fundamentals to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Support new business and product development via effective due diligence, challenge and business partnering.
- Champion innovation and help deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support model validation and monthly IPV processes.
- Troubleshoot working capital related issues, forecast, and optimise.
- Hold relationship with relevant Traders and Operational Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree (any subject), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in finance and ideally Product Control within a trading environment.
- Technical knowledge in derivatives and physical trading strategies.
- Highly effective teammate, with phenomenal attention to detail, eager to learn and teach.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis whilst using a variety of communication styles according to the situation.
- Knowledge of the front to back deal life cycle, the role of Product Control\\Risk through this cycle and the applications employed.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, technology and analytics.
- Experience in oil markets.
- Evidence of self-development through professional study.
- Technical ability in programming languages, preferably Python, Excel & VBA.
- Experience in process reengineering and use of new technologies.
Applications will be reviewed in June 2022.