Grade H. Trading & Shipping (T&S) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. T&S's role is to improve Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. T&S has a multifaceted and highly skilled workforce, which builds value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
The Operational Excellence is charged with the transformation agenda in T&S. The team will engage cross functionally to improve and standardize systems and processes with relentless focus on mitigating operational risk, embedding lessons learned, and delivering best practices.
The successful applicant will display strong ownership, communication, relationship building and influencing skills. You should have a strong bias for performance and delivery and an ability to manage change effectively. This role will also contribute to the GOEH Finance and Risk cross-functional priority deliveries.
*Essential experience and job requirements
- Support risk identification and mitigation through execution of the Incident Management and Reporting process. Apply rigorous root cause analysis to identify preventative interventions, ensure consistent application of lessons learned and foster a learning culture across T&S.
- Provide input into the development of regional trading and front to back office processes, aimed at maximising straight through processing, and minimising risk and errors.
- Champion innovation to reduce risk and complexity, and to drive standardisation and automation, in support of T&S growth agenda. Serve as a strategic advisor in evaluation of risk and control framework applicable to new business initiatives.
- Support T&S operational risks review to support timely, effective and sustainable improvements.
- Support the development and execution of T&S Operational Risk Standards, including Incident Reporting, Framework and Control Processes aligned with T&S’s strategies.
- Ensure effective sharing of lessons learned from incidents across the GOEH region.
- Support the development and maintenance of regional Enterprise Risk Management matrices and registers, identifying key risks aligned to business strategy.
- Participate in regular control environment assessment of all GOEH Regional Sub Offices.
- Maintain relationship as the strategic partner and focal point for other control teams (Group Audit, External Auditors, Compliance, other Finance and Risk) to provide advice and assurance around the operation and effectiveness of control environment within IST and BP.
- Coordinate and review regular interlocking accountabilities metrics and identifying themes and issues for escalation with the Front office or other functions.
- Provide operational excellence assurance for regional new activities.
- Implement system projects covering definition of data and business requirements, development and running of business test scenarios, development of processes, reports and training programme for business users.
- University degree is preferred, but specific educational profile is less important than behaviours and a strong track record of high performance and contribution.
- Demonstrated strengths and experience in driving business process transformation, evaluating and/or implementing sound, practical business processes, internal controls and assurance practices in a trading environment.
- Strong project management experience and demonstrated capabilities in simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities, meeting tight deadlines and overcoming barriers to project success.
- Dynamic communication skills and the ability to interact throughout various functional areas, with the ability to communicate complex topics in a simple manner
- Able to achieve success by influence and often without having executive authority.
- Intellectual curiosity to challenge the status quo and provide innovative ideas balanced with the ability to deliver tangible results.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong finance, control, risk, or front office background, with deep knowledge of business process and control environment through trade lifecycle in both physical and derivative trading.
- Prior experience in energy trading, operational risk/excellence, consulting or risk management with understanding of best practice in banking and/ or energy industry is preferred but not essential.
- Lean Management or Six Sigma certification.
- Systems implementation experience
- Energy trading environment experience
BP Singapore Pte Ltd promotes a flexible 60/40 work from office arrangement.