From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the coronavirus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting.
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a Senior Asset Accounting Analyst!
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Inventory Management Fixed Asset Accounting
o Capitalization of assets
o Processing of disposals incl. preparation of disposal journals and related guidance and support to other team members.
o Ensuring proper accounting treatment, particularly with regard to fixed assets management in SL, GL.
o Period end close (monthly, quarterly, year-end) - transfer of assets under construction to addition to fixed assets.
o Verification and handling of adjusting entries and transfers for capital expenditures.
o Screen and review inferior assets, preparation and booking of transfer posting documents.
o Process depreciation in terms of local GAAP and IFRS with appropriate sense check and analyse upcoming deviations.
o Ensuring that all asset movements are compliant with BP Policy & Authorities (Group Reporting Manual), local GAAP and IFRS.
o Fixed Assets master data processing.
o Reconciliation of accounts, preparation of quarterly reports and ad hoc reports.
o Ensuring the right assignment of assets to the functional entities through monitoring activities and reconciliation of fixed assets ledger.
o Query handling for capital expenditures, advisory if corrections are necessary, accounting support.
o First point of contact for fixed assets related queries (audit, system tests, etc.)
o Coordination of fixed assets related activities within GBSE
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Fully qualified accountant, at least 5 years’ experience in related Finance area.
- Local GAAP and IFRS skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in related Finance area. R2R/General Ledger Accounting preferred,
- Fluent English, Polish knowledge is advantage
- Polish local GAAP knowledge is an advantage
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and outside world
- Demonstrates ownership
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement