We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a
Senior Asset Accounting Analyst!
In this role you will:
- Ensure timely and accurate Fixed Asset Accounting for a number of entities in the country supported by the team
- Ensure full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate reporting
- Timely response to queries raised on accounts and other analyses
- Reporting and control activities to assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the country supported
- Coordinate timely monthly, quarterly and annual fixed assets close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other local or group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity / Balance Sheet Assurance, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Business / Country teams to understand the priorities and provide backup support to the Team Leader during times of team leader absence. Takes over ad-hoc and other delegated activities for the whole team. Coordinate team tasks, especially for the fixed assets team part
- Provide guidance and support to other team members and assist in the resolution of queries. Cooperate with other teams in case of problem-solving or support
- Manage projects and related organisational change to ensure optimal use of resources and achieve objectives within schedule and budget.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects and monitor them by performance metrics
We have the following requirements:
- Relevant education with at least 3 years experience in GL accounting
- Intermediate German knowledge
- Experience in the field of asset accounting is an advantage
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement