At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a team with varied strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh opinion, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
The Senior Brand Manager role is an exciting, fast-paced role within the US Marketing organization. The person in this role will strategically plan, manage and implement communications programs for the premium line of Castrol motor oil brands.
The role will be the direct interface between Castrol’ US media and creative agency partners, leading all aspects of planning and execution of, consumer media, creative development and adaptation of advertising communication assets. In addition, the person in this role will supervise, and be the day-to-day contact with Castrol’s national sponsorship partners: the NFL and NASCAR , critically managing the partnerships to ensure sponsorship assets are strategically leveraged to deliver against Castrol’s business objectives.
- Work with creative agencies and the brand marketing team to run design, production and adaptation of advertising communication assets, using sponsorships assets as appropriate.
- Analyze data to uncover behavioral insights to improve communication
- Work directly with sponsorship partners in day-to-day contact: run and implement sponsorship assets, including creative and event management.
- Understand current market and develop media plans to target relevant consumers that are impactful within the lubricant space and provides a POD vs. competitors
- Define, develop and complete sustainability programs that underpin broad sustainability strategy
- Develop critical metrics and measure performance based on set goals
- Provide regular status updates to senior management and other organizational team members
- Craft and handle production budgets (including Purchase Orders, invoice management, monthly phasing and reporting).
- Troubleshoot ongoing issues by working with agency and cross-functional partners
- Develop and implement solutions to brand communication challenges
- Develop annual US Brand Marketing plans across Lubricants spaces
- Adopt and adapt global brand strategies and programmes
- Lead development of the consumer engagement strategy
- Develop and activate social consumer communities via both Online and Offline channels.
- Ensure that communication to & through customers are on brand strategy and align with communications and brand guidelines.
- Coordinate full communications strategy and go to market strategy for US
- Own and drive relationships with all agencies with support of team inclusive of SOW, Staffing, budgeting, etc.
- Work in collaboration with trade team in order to bring together comprehensive retailer plans that amplify overall plans.
- Responsible for all owned and earned media (PR)
- Accountable for in budget delivery, PO, budget lead and tracking for all brand and comms communication spend.
University degree in Marketing or related subject area
- 7-10 Years of experience in Marketing /Agency world
- Media Experience or working with Media agencies highly desirable
- Exposure to PR / Sponsorships would be an advantage Capable of critical thinking and thought leadership
- Passionate about crafting experiences for both consumers and customers that highlight brand in engaging and dynamic way
- Ability to thrive in a matrix organization
- Strong written, verbal communication, storytelling skills
- Evidence of effective networking and relationship building skills both internally and externally High degree of personal impact
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!