At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a new point of view, collaborative spirit, and to challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero!
The Market Platforms and Midstream
team is an integral part of the Digital Customers and Markets (DCM)
, which is part of the Innovation & Engineering (I&E) business entity in bp.
The vision of DCM is to ensure bp maintains a steadfast focus on creating a world-class customer experience across Customers & products; Gas & low carbon energy, Trading & Shipping and Regions, cities & solutions. We deliver cross-business solutions that consistently and continually generate value for bp in both current and new markets.
The Business Analyst in this team
is responsible for eliciting, defining and managing business requirements from partners using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies, to ensure that I&E delivers IT product(s) that successfully meet those needs, and that our customers experience is positive, and expectations are met.
The role will enable the definition of business requirements and user stories for technology product development, improving processes and software systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits. Furthermore, it is expected that collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital products is a key aspect of this role.
This role will be primarily involved in Midstream digitization initiatives, accountable for requirements analysis and management, determining the most appropriate means to represent business requirements in the context of technology features and capabilities for the product, platform functions and features and overall digital solution.
You will be responsible for eliciting, defining and managing business requirements from partners using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies, to ensure that I&E delivers IT product(s) that successfully meet those needs, and that our customers experience is positive, and expectations are met.
- Conducting the core business analysis activities within a digital product landscape, discovering, analyzing, ensuring that requirements are fit for purpose and aligned to a business value chain and agreed upon objectives; while working closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner to deliver the change
- Translating requirements into logical design specifications in alignment with the target environment, Non-functional requirements, and existing systems; along with supporting the development of detailed designs and documents using required standards, methods and tools
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog, assessing and providing inputs to release schedules and components, ensuring release processes and procedures are maintained. Carrying out testing and/or coordinating with testers and component specialists
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (or higher) in relevant field or formal certification in fields of computer science / information technology / science or Mathematics.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Atleast 8 years of relevant experience with proven experience in business analysis activities on large programs.
- Ability to draft solutions using technology platforms such as Salesforce, Amazon’s web services, Microsoft Azure and power platform, in collaboration with architecture and innovation teams.
- Experience in converting business and data requirements into backlog items that are understood by architects, developers and testers.
- Good change management skills and delivery assurance experience ensuring personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates leadership aligned with BP’s Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviors
- Knowledge and experience with the specific treatment required to delivering initiatives within supply chain business and B2B, B2C pricing.
- Embraces a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern development methodologies, e.g. using Scrum and/or Kanban).
- Continuous learning and improvement approach
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.