We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role you will:
Join our Customer function team and advance your career as a
Senior Cash and Banking Analyst!
The Cash & Bank Senior Analyst is expected to deal with more complex issues, be responsible for supervising the daily activities and act as the primary backup of the Team Leader. The person operates as a subject matter expert.
Provide prompt support to major stakeholders and create innovative solutions to business challenges. Contribute to the delivery of the project. Responsible for the control of bank accounts, including supervision and issue resolution on cash & banking transactions, supervising banking systems and ensuring compliance.
Build up and maintain a professional relationship with all Business Partners.
At bp we have the following requirements:
- Support the Team Leader to interpret day-to-day business objectives and prepare operational practices and ensure proper execution of processes
- Perform cash forecast, manage cash flow to ensure that there are enough funds to pay suppliers
- Monitor cash forecasting, cash in transit
- Perform Bank reconciliations and ensure all unreconciled items are addressed to the relevant stakeholders and follow up until the problem is resolved.
- Prepare Bank reports and process return cheques
- Issue cheques and collect signatures initiate payments when required
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Ensure delivery of critical requests
- Collaborate with the banks on any fund rejection
- Maintain and manage cash management system
- Handle payment related queries with the bank or other teams
- Be responsible for researching and resolving problems, share resolution within the team
- Coordinate and support the team with audios with stakeholders, to gather a deeper understanding of the cash and banking situation
- Be the first escalation point for complex and bigger challenges
- Build a strong working relationship with other functions
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and projects
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- At least 3 years of experience in Cash and Banking, Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management or another related area in the bank or multinational environment
- Strong business English and any other language knowledge is an advantage
- Treasury or cash management experience is needed
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive attitude
- Good interpersonal, influential and decision-making skills in order to manage and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to deal with complex situations while maintaining the right balance of customer and business focus
- Able to consistently review and adapt the approach to meet changing requirements
bp Hungary won the Most attractive employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement