Data is at the core of bp's digital ambition. Digital Security partners with our data and analytics community supporting the portfolio of platform services that addresses the increasing demand for data and development of advanced digital products across bp.
To support our journey and ambitions, bp is looking for a Senior Cloud Data Security Engineer with a strong background in Azure used to designing, engineering, and deploying security across cloud big data services.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be joining bp’s Information Protection Security Engineering team providing security engineering capability supporting Azure-based data platform products and services.
- You’ll work in a hands-on role - close to technology deployed within data services working alongside data consumers and, amongst others, infrastructure, security, and privacy disciplines having direct responsibility to lead the design, engineering and deployment of security features and processes responding to data platform development demands (customer-led and security-led).
- You’ll work in a multifaceted and fast paced environment built around agile and continuous improvement delivering features based on continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- As a senior role, you will have some people management responsibilities for bp staff or supplier security engineers.
- You’ll champion the broader digital security agenda through the wider bp data & analytics communities.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent cloud / data lake / data platform and associated technologies knowledge.
- Experience working in security across cloud platforms with a specific emphasis on working across big data / data analytics platforms.
- Strong demonstrated ‘hands on’ technical proficiency (see ‘Technical competencies’).
- Experience working across the information lifecycle.
- A good understanding and application of technology to support the regulatory environment for information management - particularly related to personal and high value data.
- A strong communicator, influencer, and team player.
- A passion for continuous learning, professional development, and knowledge sharing.
This role would suit an experienced cloud data security engineer looking to move into a role as a key influencer in an exciting and challenging environment, or a talented individual looking to step into a senior role.
A range of core technical proficiency / knowledge across the following domains:
Azure DevOps Pipelines or Github Actions
Infrastructure as a Code tools
.NET, Java, Scala
PowerShell / Bash
ETL tools (Azure Data Factory)
Logging capabilities (Log Analytics, App insights)
Programming hosts (Azure Functions, Azure Batch, AKS, VMSS)
Data (Databricks, Synapse, SQLDB, ADX, Cosmos DB, ADLS)
Messaging (Event Hub, Event Grid, Service Bus, Azure Queues)
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
Possibility to join social communities and networks
Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
Life & health insurance, medical care package
And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
Apply now if this excites you!