Would you like to join bp and help us embed a strong integrated operating culture to support the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient operations?
We are now looking for Senior Completion and Intervention Supervisor to join our team in Baku, Azerbaijan. It is a “Safety Critical Role” within bp reporting to Wells Superintendent and in this position, you will be accountable for stand-alone leadership to deliver safe & compliant offshore operations during “execute stage”. Your responsibility will also include leadership during New Well Completion open-hole gravel packs, cased hole gravel pack, upper completion and all manners of Wellwork activity (including well surveillance & well integrity).
It is a rotational role and when offshore you will be single point of contact for “ready-to-execute”.
This is a temporary role with 1-year fixed term contract.
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Lead BP Wells offshore through attending leading safety meetings and Toolbox Talk as well as demonstrate visible leadership through championing the Safety Leadership Principles such as stop the job and speak up where required.
• Deliver the regional safety plan offshore and safe and compliant operations at site.
• Be accountable to quantify, communicate and manage risk in all operations.
• Manage interface with drilling contractor, using Safety Management Systems, Operation Management System and compliance policies and practices.
• Monitor Safety Critical Equipment maintenance and verify compliance through Oversight (lifting operations, DROPS, Red zone management).
• Ensure health of major risk barriers & components through self-verification and crews are competent in well control detection and response.
• Participate in Well-work planning and provide technical input into programs.
• Take a lead role with onshore planning and “Crew Engagement” sessions.
• Execute the wellsite operations as per the approved plan.
You will have a university degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent.
It would be essential that you have:
• Minimum of 25 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry and 10 years’ experience in a Supervisory capacity
• Experience as a standalone supervisor for sandface, upper completions, gravel packs, slickline, e-line and coil
• Demonstrated safety leadership, teamwork and communication skills
• Ability to implement risk assessment processes
• Experience with working in a multi-lingual environment
• Proficiency in English
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!