This position will lead the Cost Engineering performance team within the new centralized project controls organization and report into the cost engineering discipline lead. This role will be responsible for delivering CMT, DPM, general cost engineering support to the deployed delivery teams. The cost performance squad will also be driving standardization and simplification of key cost engineering deliverables. The individual will be expected to build relationships with the wider global cost engineering leadership whilst promoting and being an advocate for standardization.
Key Accountabilities expected from role:
- Lead the performance cost squad in driving standardization and digitization of core cost engineering deliverables.
- Support alignment of the cost engineering community with the global project cost engineering strategy.
- Support development of the global cost engineering strategy.
- Line management responsibilities for cost performance squad.
- Support team members in personal and professional development.
- Support the cost engineering discipline lead in cost community of practice sessions.
- Lead the development of the cost performance squad.
- Provide assurance to Project Controls Managers that core cost engineering deliverables provided by the performance squad are accurate and timely.
- Provide overall commentary and insight into projects cost performance.
- Coordinate and consolidate the overall QPF input.
- Provide flow to work cost engineering support as appropriate.
- Work with procurement & finance teams to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear across the region.
- Act as a focal point for cost engineering as appropriate for ad hoc requests from stakeholders.
Bachelor’s / Masters Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or other relevant discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Solid cost engineer experience in senior roles
- Experience of leading a large team of cost engineers
- Knowledge of CMT & DPM
- Experience of working within a centralized cost engineering team
- Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative and self-reliance are required.
- Ability to interface, influence, and work effectively with members of Project Leadership.
- Bias for simplification and efficiency with focus on fit-for-purpose deliverables that meet the needs of the business.
- Strong ability to build partnerships, actively engage and respect contributions of others.
- Influencing and communication skills in English language
- Excellent inter-personal skills and behaviors
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and summary presentations – able to communicate clarity from complexity
- Ability to harness use of digital tools to provide high quality cost management reporting information
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft products
Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many other benefits!